What Do You Spend per-Week on Food-&-Fun?

@mythociate (15744)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I ask because my weekly allowance is for 'food and fun' and I want to know if it should be higher in order to validate my membership in Oklahoma-society.
@peavey (16856)
Doesn't that depend on which level of Oklahoma society? A pig roast can be pretty pricey, but so can a formal dinner. I spend about $50 a week on both together. But I don't have enough ambition to be a member in any society, let alone Oklahoma's.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Actually, Oklahoma is fairly low-priced (as NBA-towns go ... Thunder Up! - too bad they don't have a 'waving the blue-&-orange'-smiley). I've heard that we have the best-priced real-estate in the US ... that was a long time ago, and I heard it from a college-professor/Christian-minister that lives here; but I haven't heard anything different since!
@peavey (16856)
I have family in Oklahoma - aunts, uncles and cousins. I was born there. Don't know what that proves, though. If it wasn't for tornadoes, snakes and a lack of snow, I might think about moving back there.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Maybe that same college-professor mentioned that OKC also had a low cost-of-living. Something to consider. In the city, we don't get a lot of tornadoes (though we hear about `em coming just outside of town), and I don't think we see any snakes. And the snow we get (only in the deep-deep winter) isn't like the AstroFluff you see on television
@PageTurner (2827)
Hello mythociate After reading this exciting discussion topic, I whipped out my calculator to determine just how much I spend on weekly fun. I was shocked that the total was so high at $15.75 a week. I had no idea that Mrs. Turner and I spent so much on weekly fun. And yet we seem to be well integrated into the social scene. Perhaps this is because part of our fun is not included in this cost, as it may be regarded as weekly food -- we eat out once a week. So this would add to the weekly fun. I don't know how much we spend on weekly food. I haven't made those calculations yet. However, I would imagine that for Oklahoman social scene, the weekly fun quotient would be at least 10 times what we spend. Peace I love the world!!
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
So $157.50 + food?
No, $15.75 per week, plus food. We may spend another $75.00 per week on food.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@jricky1 (6808)
I feel like almost the same as you coz i always spend the money on transportation and also food and fun.Recently i found that buying things online is so fun and i really appreciate it.Life is easy and simple.lol.Happy mylotting,friend.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Transportation counts as a 'fun'-cost. a 'fun'-cost I don't even have enough money to spend on (not even bus-fare ... not even handicapped bus-fare)!
@Rasniki09 (184)
I spend about 20.00 but lately I've been cutting back. I try to go grocery shopping and start cooking more. This way, I can take left overs for lunch.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@GemmaR (8526)
I am trying to buy a flat or small house at the moment, and because of this I am having to budget like crazy to make sure that I can afford everything that I want. One of the things that I do is make a list of meals that I plan to eat during the course of any given week so that I can buy just the things that I want without buying more things that I will just be wasting my money on. If you put aside a certain amount of money to use on things other than food and bills you just know that you're not going to spend too much because you have accounted for everything that you could possibly need.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Right. I have all the stuff I need; I'm just wondering if I should move more of my 'wants' over into that column in order to be just as good a consumer as anyone else here.
I am not so sure about the lifestyle of Oklahoma citizens as i'm from far away in the east asian region, but i also don't understand why do you need to validate your "membership" with Oklahoma-society. Since you want to be part of it anyway, just look around you, the people of Oklahoma, buy what they buy,eat what they eat and spend on what they spend on.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Unlike most American citizens, I can't spend money I don't have. And I can't have money I don't ask for. And I don't ask for money I don't plan on spending. And I don't know how much that should be.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Everyone is going to have a different answer for you, espeically those in different countries. I spend about $80.00 on food, and I don't spend anything on fun as for fun I read and I can get books for free on my tablet. I also have ways to get things for free via earning online.
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I guess I'm trying to get more of an 'international average.'
@cher913 (25890)
really? is it that important to fit in with everyone else?
@mythociate (15744)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
You want 'equal' rights, you gotta be 'equal.'
@ShyBear88 (17647)
I don't have an allowance either does my husband. But I would say we spend more of our money on food then we do fun all year around. We have one child now and expecting our second on with in the next 12 weeks so mostly all of our money goes to bills and food.