Stir or not to stir...

@mikyung (2234)
A friend told me a story about looking for answers to simple things. For example" You really want to have a coffee. You only have: 1. coffee poweder 2. creamer 3. sugar 4. hot water, freshly boiled. 5. cup Conditions: 1. You are not in your house. 2. No coffee maker 3. No avilable spoon or fork 4. No kitchen utensils Available possible stirrer: 1. pencil 2. stick 3. my/your fingers For me, I will pick my fingers. Though it's hot. Wait for a few minutes just to cool down the boiled water, by that time I can stir my coffee. How about you? What would you use to stir? Relating this to the stirrer thing discussed above, I found this one a funny, easy question though It may mean worth learning. People who are resourceful to simple things can apply them to more real-life problems. Any opinion? Thanks
I think I would make sure the stick was clean and use that to stir coffee. This post is interesting, to me, because it's all about learning to make the best of every situation. As human being we all have an instinctive desire to survive. Sometimes survival is about learning to be resourceful and making the best of any and every situation we deal with. Thanks, Mikyung, for you introspection and your willingness to create discussions.
It's like going back to the very old days...where people are still discovering how to work with things easily. This discussion has got me thinking about my experience since I am fond of drinking coffee.
@mikyung (2234)
I really like starting discussions. Imagination and thinking of my past really helps. Coffee please...thanks
@cupkitties (7600)
If I can stick my finger in my coffee, its too cold for me to drink. I wouldn't go with a pencil because sometimes I have stuck them in my ears or use them as "walrus" tusk...... What can I say? I get bored and do crazy things. A stick might be okay, but it depends on what kind of stick though.
@mikyung (2234)
I can see your point cupkitties. Thanks
This happens a lot when I part time as a tour guide for schools. We'd get up early in the morning, meet at the meeting place. Coffee, creamer, sugar, sometimes instant coffee and bread would be available. But there would always be NO Stirrer. So what I do is I put everything in the cup, pour a little hot water, and then swirl the cup around. When I'm pretty sure it's mixed, I add some more hot water. Later on, I learned that if it's instant coffee, you just rip the package open after you've poured it in, and then roll it up to be a stirrer. I mean, the insides must already be clean since it's what the coffee came in. And then later on, I learned to bring my own tumbler so that I can just shake the coffee inside. No hassle.
@mikyung (2234)
Wow apoljice1. That is so resourceful. Thanks
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
if that is instant coffee or mix, it should be in a sachet so the empty sachet can be use to stir the hot coffee.
@mikyung (2234)
It is not instant. Though it's clever to use that empty sachaet to stir. Thanks
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i learned it from an older person who was a senior employee we had here.
@mikyung (2234)
It's always good to have people around that are more experienced than us. We can learn a lot from them. Thanks
hi mikyung well being I am not at home i will put the right amt of cofee powder into the cup,add a tiny bit of creamer and grab the pencil thats in my purse,not the one there, and stir. I have used that pencil to lift something the police wanted as evidence to a break in in our home. fingerprints were how the police nabbed the two women who when around phoning homes, and breaking in when the home owners were out.they were caught and we go all the stuff back they had stolen.
@mikyung (2234)
Good thing there Hatley. Hope everythings ok now. Thanks
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
This discussion makes me laugh. I think I am not going to use any of those available opions. Im going to wait until the water get cold and try to shake it a little bit until it will mix well. Or other option i will drink the warm coffee and let my stomach stir the coffee, sugar and creamer inside of me.
@mikyung (2234)
Wow. Makes sense. I admit I'm laughing now, not on your answer..but what I just picture myself doing that. Thanks i enjoyed my coffee.
@stanley777 (7179)
For me, I won't use my finger as stirrer unless I want my coffee cold. Pencil is a no-no too because the end point of the pencil which is rubber and the pencil lead on the other are dirty. I would prefer the stick for stirrer.
@mikyung (2234)
That's a straight answer there stanley. Like it. Thanks
Hi Mikyung, I fond of drinking coffee at my workplace most especially if I am on a night shift duty. I always have my instant coffee with me. And I always request my mom to buy those instant packs so that I won't be responsible in buying it...^^ Anyways, since I am lazy enough to wash my spoon...I tend to find some clean sticks...to stir it...shaking it won't do since I've already tried that. And yeah, I've tried stirring the pack itself...^^..*But I don't think it clean enough but I still drank the coffee...^^ Anyhow, Happy Mylotting.
@mikyung (2234)
A lot of stick here use for stirrer. Thanks for making your response here.
I would probably pour a little of the boiled water over the stick and stir with it. Of course I use neither cream nor sugar so I just have to mix my instant coffee up.
@mikyung (2234)
Nice one there Gardengerty. Thanks
When you say coffee powder, do you mean the instant stuff? No need for a stirrer! I would first put a bit of water in the cup, then some powder, then swirl it around ... and repeat the process til I reach the top (or almost). I would drink my cofee black - so no extras needed to stir in - ha ha. How's that for being resourceful - ha ha! Here's a story I've used a few times on myLot. My idiot co-worker was banned from drinking coffee after 10am because the boss felt he was taking too many breaks to go to the bathroom. One day he tells me he's dying for some coffee - he just had to have his caffeine. So he runs to the lunchroom and comes back. OMG - he had coffee grounds all around his mouth - like a beard . . . the idiot said if I can't drink it, I'm going to eat it!!!! True story (and he was NOT resourceful!).
@mikyung (2234)
I would say that is a classic example that portrays resourcefulness..nice one. Thanks, I really appreciate all of the responses