I feel sleepy all the time

Is that a bad habit. Everyday around noon time, I felt drowsy, and I just need at least half hour to take a nap. Otherwise, I couldn't keep myself awake at work. I knew that is bad, but I just trying my best to fight it. I usually go to bathroom wash my face twice, or drink some water hopefully it would help. After work, if I felt so tired, I will get on bed for 1 or 2 hours nap. I think that is too much sleep for me a day. I usually go to bed around 10:00 P.M. and get up around 5:00 A.M. Then sometimes I also take a nap after work. But I just feel sleepy all the time. Should I make myself not to take nap no matter I feel drowsy or not? I just need to fight it.
Have you tried having a medical check up? It could be a reason for your condition.
@inertia4 (27784)
You should go to the doctor and get a check up. You might have aThyroid problem or you might have a sugar problem or something else entirely. It is worth going to the doctor to get a blood test. Tell the doctor how you have been feeling. It might be nothing, but it's better safe then sorry.
@jsae29 (1122)
I suggest that you see a doctor. You might have a problem called sleep apnea. Some people who have breathing while sleep usually find themselves tired and sleepy in the morning.
@emdjay23 (1575)
Being sleepy during the afternoon I guess is just a normal behavior but feeling sleepy all the time i think is not good, I suggest you consult a doctor about this, because it may affect your ADL or activities of daily living. specially if you're driving. feeling sleepy during this time is dangerous.
@Chikezie (386)
I would advise you to take more water before you sleep as it helps making you to stay awake and feel less dizzy and always you frequent the washroom. However, you look at the last meal you eat before you sleep as it can be a contributing factor. Much sleep can be good and also counter-productive if not checkmated.
@alicia812 (648)
Hi kingparker. Aside from the inputs from the previous respondents in this post, I would also like to add that feeling sleepy and dizzy might be an indication of low iron in your body or anemia. Consider taking Iron tablets as well and eat foods that are rich in iron like spinach, mushrooms, red meat etc. Low iron results in low energy, which might be the thing that you are experiencing.
@yanzalong (10172)
The best thing to do is consult a doctor to make sure things are ok. Feeling drowsy or tired may be a symptom of an illness. For the time being, have a lot of fruits.
If you need to get up that early for work than of course take a nap when you need it. If you can stay home a while longer I would want to sleep a little longer. Which means you should not be taking a nap in the day time. I wish I could have a nap without taking pills.