We all want to be happy.....

Boise, Idaho
Right? I have severe depression with panic attacks. I am not really happy much of the time. But my grandson can come upstairs and out of the blue say 'I love you, Grandma' and it really makes my day. So what does it for you? What is the very last thing you remember that really made you happy? Maybe one of the kids said something cute, or your husband gave you a pat on the rear.
@se7enthbird (8328)
My daughter is kinda sensitive and silent most of the time but when she is happy, she appreciates everything that people does from her loved ones. It kinda makes me cry too because she just enters our room (my wife and i) and tells me thanks for everything that i did and the things that i am giving despite the fact that life is tough. She cries too while saying this to me and it makes me happy that a teenage can appreciate me despite the fact that she can almost do everything for her self and doesn`t quite need us at all
Kids do grow up. WHen they are teenagers it is sometimes few and far between having these tender moments. THey want to be 'cool' too much to be loving to us too much. Alot of kids anyway.
hik celticeagle if I did not have my adult son Robbie I do not know how i wou ld cope.he can make me laugh even when I am u pset. his dad was like that. I still miss myhubbys easy laugh and way of making thngs better in a few seconds.and hes been gone since 1991In my long response I told you how myson took a rumor that was wrong and elaborate on it in 4 steps ending with 4.Robbie is a bigamist lol he is single really.but that was so fu nny.
Its interesting the effect some people have on us. Knowing the positive buttons to push.
@bunnybon7 (37415)
• Holiday, Florida
when my oldest big 47yrs son says i love you mom or starts joking around it makes my day. i havent been very happy with the rest lately
Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like you have a good relationship with him though.
celtic its Bunnys daughters boyfriend who is a horrid jerk and her daughter for some reason cannot see this.I am so glad her oldest son can see that C is a jerk and help at times.Bunny just puts up with so much I wou ld like to send her a lot of hugs as I cannot be there in person. hugs for you too. I used to have panic attacks and thinjk I ws going to die as I co uld barely breathe.I got counseling an finally got over them.they are horrid for s ure.
That's good. Ya, sometimes I can get control of them pretty quickly. But other times they come on furiously and too quickly for me to do anything.
@echoforever (5192)
It's hard to find those times that really make you smile. Mine is probably one of the girl's my nieces helping their sisters. When they're helping and loving each other, that makes me smile because it helps me know that kind of thing is still in the world, somewhere.
I can see where seeing these tender moments can give you a new lease on life. THanks.
@ivade0000 (225)
• France
Hello there, Yes, i do agree with you, everyone just wants to be happy always, but sadly, that is not always the case. The last moment when I was really happy and enjoyed myself was few months ago. I went out with my friends to have a dinner together and it was really a lovely night. But right now, we hardly have any contact with each other since everyone has got his own business and work to do.
Well it is good to have these special times to look back on. It sounds like you can be away for awhile and then jump right back together and all is the same. That is a very good feeling between friends. Life is busy and it is nice to know we have such good friends.
@Bhebelen14 (5206)
This must be hard for you but your very lucky to have a very sweet grandson.The last thing I remembered that made me happy is when my husband say "I love you and see you tomorrow, with a hug and kiss"before he left going to his office. It makes my day when he always saying I love you, too. My heart is jumping to joy when I hear those three works because even if were married for 7 years he still saying those words many times a day.
Yes, those words are great to hear as the years mount up. Don't change whatever it is you are doing for it seems to be working. lol
@winterose (39918)
gosh I really don't know what the last thing was but when my friend calls me is sister that really makes me very happy. I love to be loved.
Sister is cute. We all love to be loved. THat is nice.
I also have depression n anxiety n I'm on meds to help and so I have started counting my blessings every day to try to help me see all the happy that's around me... And my latest happy time was this morning watching early morning cartoons with my boys eating McDs breakfast.
That sounds really special. And I love a good breakfast as well.
@PoppaDave (438)
Your grandson is an angel. My grandaughter Gracelynn is talking a little at 9 months. She can say"Love you" and "Bye" when her mommy comes to get her. She makes my life complete, as does my other granddaughter Dakoda! They are the smiles that rise me above the flames...
Indeed. THey sure have their moments.
@Shazooo (296)
I know there was this once where i was really down. I was going through a lot and i wass sooo stressed out and depressed. My friends see it through me and they comforted me. Although i wasn't completely happy yet, I was still happy. I knew that i could always count on my friends no matter what. That they will always be there for me and i have made it a point to be there for them too.
Good friends are hard to find. Mine all move away. My best and only BFF lives out of state and we have a nice time on Facebook almost daily. Thank goodness for FB.
I am really sad to known that you are not fit with your health. The enjoyable time with my friends are the incidents which made me to smile as well to shed the tears in my life. I really miss and this is the reason for my tears.
SO you really miss your friends? That would be a bummer.
Hi friend, sad to know that you have panic attacks, but the little kid made you to get happiness, in the same way i will forget about my worries and tensions while seeing the cute smile of my son. My kids are doing their kinder garden and i have lot of fun and enjoyment with them. Everyday we play a lot, this activity makes my day to become happy
Playing with children is a very pure and innocent time to be sure. Thanks.
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Who would not carry the wish of being happy and joyful all the time? But in the unsteady pace of life most of tremble and fall down in distress. Life has to be viewed in the so many vicissitudes it has in store for each one of us in question.
Yes, we all wish to be happy and joyful. Can't always be however.
@else22 (4319)
A few minutes before coming across to your discussion I read a line by Tolstoy,'If you want to be happy,be.'How wonderful!Happiness generates within us.We can be happy regardless of what situation we are in. Tolstoy was a great man.I am an ordinary one.I need conductive and favorable circumstances to feel happy.When my mother was alive,I sought happiness in her well being.Now she's gone.Now I seek happiness in the progress my children make.I become happy when they achieve anything great.
For most parents seeing them excel makes us very happy. Life is good when they are happy.
@else22 (4319)
Ideal parents want to see their children excel themselves.
I think that's true, yes.
My mom called today and instead I feel happy, I feel more burden. It wasn't because of my mom but because of the feeling that I might loose their hope. I have a big problem as of the moment and I cried really hard because I couldn't afford to tell my mom about the bad news I have heard just yesterday. It's really terrible. Anyways, I am trying to hold on and will never loose faith... Have a nice day!
I hope you can find the strength to tell your mom what needs to be told. It helps to let people in. Only then can they help and stand with you.
I told her already...and she was also sad like me. Well, life is a gamble...and we truly need to learn how to play. I guess I really need to move on very soon...and just have a change of plans.
That probably is for the best.
@alutka (211)
I agree with everyone here that many people want to be happy, but for something else to kazdegi jest.Dla some are lucky the happy grandchildren, others money, but every inch of this lucky looking zycie.Kiedy not find it, we fall into depression, we become gloomy and nothing we do not want to, so I think that that was not it lucky, you might want to find him.
alutka we do not know your language so translate please kaxdegi j est. Dla and Kiedy and zycie. useonly english please.
Can't response if we don't understand. Thanks.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
just today , one of the many birthdays that passed, made me really happy for the overwhelming greetings that i have been receiving since yesterday.
Well, happy days. Nice to hear from you.
@meozard22 (872)
wow that was very touching... I can also be happy even with the most simple things. Even if sometimes when I'm alone, I can be happy if I just listen to music...
Yes, music does seem to do it for me at times too. Simple things are nice.
@MsTickle (24993)
Dear celticeagle -hello, what a brave soul you are. I had no idea about your depression and panic attacks. I'm in the same boat but my depression isn't severe and my panic attacks are lessening. I've been much better since my father passed away. Apart from those times (and my meds work great), I am happier and more content with life than I have ever been. I live by myself except for my fur babies and I think this is what keeps me sane. It is my darling pets who make me laugh and show me that I can choose to be happy. I have made some friends and we meet together once a week for fun times. I do community work as a volunteer and I love my work. I still have some issues that I am not facing but I have no clue how to deal with them so I will just live the way I am now and try and bury the bad memories. Hugs to you...
I am very glad to hear that you are feeling good and that your meds are working. SOmetimes that is the problem, finding the right ones that really help. Mine are doing okay but I feel I need something more. SO tired of feeling depressed all the time. It sounds like you are doing great and that is wonderful. Hugs back at ya!
@Canellita (12058)
Little things make me happy every day. I think it is important to have laughter in your life so maybe when you feel down you should look for a funny movie or TV program you have enjoyed before. You can't help but feel better when something gives you a good laugh. Also, you have to look for things you can do daily to make you feel good. Do you have room where you live for a garden? You could try playing around with a child's watercolor paint set. It's good therapy and you might get good at painting.
Laughing and good humor sure is healthy. I love it! I am not at all artistic but my daughter is.
@suzzy3 (8357)
I had a bought of depression a few years ago and it was awful.My friends and family kept me going and it has gone away.I still have bad days every now and then.I go for a walk ,work in the garden listen to music or come on here.My little ones used to keep me going as well.I do my utmost to make every day good.Eat bright coloured fruit and veg that also helps ,put something bright on in the morning.Keep cheerful
For the most part the things you mention help me until I get really bad. Stress takes me down quickly and nothing helps. All the things you mention certainly sound nice but when you are in the throws of dark hole not even those seem to help. If I can catch it early I can combat it pretty well.