Lower back pain

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I am not sure if it's because I am not working as much as I used to or just what, but the last two times I've worked I've come home with lower back pain. I still feel it today and will probably feel it for the rest of the day. I am sure it will ease off though. My feet were also hurting a bit when I left but not too much. I am thinking it must be the lower hours and not being used to lifting as much as I used to, what do you guys think?
• Marion, Kansas
It could be, especially if you are sitting around a lot on the hours you are off. Are you being sure to wear supportive shoes?
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I thik the brand I have are nike, they are older but they do support. We also have a floor mat that we stand on and I always make sure I keep mine for the entire night (they start cleaning them around 8 pm, but I ask to keep mine).
As a person who does have back problems, 3 back surgeries and the last resulting in a spinal fusion, I would advise you to take care of your back. Yes the fact of not working like one used to do and then suddenly exhorting some strain upon your back can cause lower back pains. Take some time to do core exercise and to strengthen your back so it is not a problem in the future. If you find it is not being controlled by the use of exercise and strengthening then I would advise you to see your doctor to see if there might be an underlying problem that does need to be taken care of. Best of luck to you and hope that it is nothing serious.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Yes I know I need to take better care of my back, I've been told this by a superior at work even. The pain isn't that intense and it's going away. Since it's lower back pain, I've tried doing self sciatic stretches, it helps a little, just not as easy. Thank You For the advice.
I can't see how less ours would mean a hurt back. I think you should take some muscle relaxers for that pain your having. If you can life less at work for a while then that will also help you. If you don't have those pills buy some epsom salt and sit in the tub for at least 40 minutes. all the pain will leave your body and you will feel great.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Less hours means I'm not lifting as much as when I'm home I don't lift things. At work I have a habit of lifting four 12 pack cans of soda at a time, or a big thing of water. Crouching and the such. It's not a bad pain, it was more so yesterday then today. I don't have any muscle relaxers and the tub spigot doesn't work all that well, so It's sciatic stretches for me, which work wonders for back pain.
I think you should see a doctor and have some testing done to rule out anything serious. I have bulging discs, so I too often experience back pain. Always remember proper body mechanics and lift with your legs.
@jwfarrimond (4475)
Since I have lower back pain due to osteo-artheritis and associated sciatic pain and discomfort, I'd be very interested in knowing exactly what the "sciatic stretching" is that you refer to in some of your responses?
You're lifting at the gym or what? Well, most of the time lower back pain happened if you do not do proper positions.
You may want to get one of those back supporters that you see people wear when they do a lot of lifting. You can wear them under or over your clothes. It may cost money, but it would be worth it in the long run. My back problems are due to a car accident, and if I could prevent them I would.
I have back pain also. I know this sounds funny, but diet can help with that a great bit. You should not lift real heavy things when you get older though. I hardly lift anything that seems heavy.
Could be several things. First thought is the kidneys. Used to be a little pea shaped pill called Codder's Little Liver Pills. THey helped. Are you remembering to lift with your legs and not your back? That could be it. Anyone around that could give you a deep massage?
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, I use to get that when I was in college. I would work midnights on weekends, and full time over Christmas and Summers. When I was starting the long stretches my feet and back would kill me for days after but I got use too it. Even now I usually sit for my jobs and when I stand for a period of time my feet, back and neck hurt.