Second day of "big girl bed"

My 20 month old had her second day of her "big girl bed" (not a crib) today. Amazingly, at naptime, she actually got in it and slept! It was a different story at bedtime though, she had hr big sister in the room and wanted to play. Eventually, my older daughter fell asleep, and the baby had nobody to play with. She didn't get in her bed, but she did lay down on the rug with her blanket, and fell asleep after a while.
That is how it will probably be. She will learn that the bed it to sleep in and not to play in. At least tonight she was not jumping up and down on the bed. She did sleep in it for her nap, that was more then I could ever get either of my kids to do. With mine they hit 18 months and then they would never sleep for their nap and then would try to stay up past 8pm. Drove me crazy, but they at least slept through the night.
I think it was around 10pm that the girls went to sleep. Its all new though, it will improve. The baby is getting used to her new freedom, and my 6 year old is excited because now her little sister can really play with her as she's not stuck in a cot. The novelty will wear off.
@sid556 (31018)
You "HOPE" it wears off for you. I have to tell you that as a child, when my broher was old enough to be in a "big boy" bed, well that meant that I had a real partner in crime. He learned quickly the art of sneaking out and hiding in the living room to watch tv etc. We literally were up half the night. We did of course get caught a couple of times but seriously...not much considering it continued throughout.
Though I think that children are ready to be in a big kid bed a lot earlier than most of them are transitioned, I think that many parents wait longer to transition them is because of the fact that they don't want to have to fight them to stay in their beds. Well, my son was a wonderer, but I would just make sure that he stayed in his room and I didn't complain about where he went to sleep, as long as he actually did go to sleep.
There is a gate in the bedroom doorway so she can't get out of the room, and she has lots of toys in there. I just have to make sure my older daughter remembers to close the gate when she goes in and out of the room.
Hi friend, good to hear about your kids. I too have two sons and most of the time they are playing with each other as well as sleeping in the same time, some times my younger son sleeps early at that time i will play with my elder on to make him happy.