I don't know if she slipped and said it or she meant to say it.

But,I was talking to someone on the phone about something that no one else knew. It was about something in my private life. Then out of no where she mentioned it and I could not understand for the life of me if she slipped and said it or she meant to say it. Well,There is no reason for me to ask her about it. I just know I need to not say anything to her anymore about anything. She will never know what she said because I am leaving it alone. I have learned a lot about people very this past few months. I have learned a lesson and I am so glad I did not tell her too much else. But,if she mentions anything else I will have to tell her about herself. Right now I am fine with things as they are. I just wonder if people forget that they were on a private call when certain stuff was said to them. I truly think she forgot to be honest. But,I really won't be saying anything to her again. I find mylot a great way to get advice about stuff. But,even here I am finding some people know a little too much and don't know when enough is enough. But,that is all on me and no one else. But,that won't change because,mylot is therapy for me. Even adrain will ask me to come here and ask you something. and he will read what everyone wrote. he is coming here to as soon as his computer is on. If this happened to you and you really thought she slipped and said it would you say something to her.. I am not going to change my mind abut it. I just want to know what you would do.. also how would you feel if it were you this happened to? thanks
Hi Sharon, Since you haven't called me lately, I feel you must be talking about me. However, I don't think I have said anything that isn't common knowledge already. I haven't said anything about a situation you told me about that only you and your mother knew. I'm thinking back to things I have said and I don't think I have said anything that everyone who reads your discussions doesn't know already. On the other hand, I feel that you should only talk about or put on here what you are comfortable with people knowing. Mylot is therapy for me and lots of people, but I don't tell things that I don't want anyone to know. I also don't talk about things that I don't want people to know.. things that I would not want out on front street, I wouldn't tell anyone.. not even my best friend. As for me, my memory is very bad for day to day stuff. I remember stuff about you because you talk about it all the time. since I think you might be talking about me, I will stay off your discussions. You could be talking about someone else, but I sense you are talking about me. I would suggest that you trust your own instincts more. I can't water down what I say to you. Maybe I should, but then I wouldn't be honest with you. Maybe I should just pull away and not comment anymore.
I have not called because I forget to call after nine at night. Like now here it is after 1am. I would not even think you were awake. LOL. I am sure you know I post here what I don't tell people off line. I love mylotting and this will always be where I go for advice. I would not think it was me If I were you. And your honesty has never been a problem for me. I rather that over a lie any day. even though I feel so bad that I lied to adrain about that ring. But,that is over now. I looked for two days for that and it is gone or lost in the dirt. Have a great night.
I'm usually awake.. sometimes I fall asleep early... Netflix will put me to sleep sometimes... I need my med tonight to sleep.. I don't need it every night. If you are telling me it's not me, I will believe you and leave it at that. I would feel bad if it was me. I'm so sorry you didn't find that ring. I bet someone else found it. About that, I hope you will one day find the courage to tell him about it. He deserves to know. It will only hurt for a minute. He might jump and holler a minute, but he loves you Sharon. I think he will understand your mental illness enough to know you fly off the handle and do things out of emotion. I think you have learned a lesson in that too. You are an honest person Gifts... I feel that in time your conscience will be your guide on that. You will sleep better after fessing up. You can always say the devil jumped into you or something...
You just made me laugh so hard and loud. He wants to buy me another ring. But,I will do everything in my power to not let him do this. I already told him not to worry about it. But,he will either way. I will have to hurry and tell him because he wants to come and post on mylot and if he reads my post e will be hurt and may break up with me. I do hope I can tell him soon. I meant to go price the ring at the store and buy it back myself. I do hope I remember tomorrow because I will spend my furniture money to buy it back and save up again for the couch set.
@BabyCheetah (1913)
You know some people just can't help themselves and like to gossip but others do it without even realising they have let something slip that they weren't supposed to. Some people don't think before they even open their mouth so it can be hard to tell if it was done on purpose or by accident. I'd assume if you were there at the time it would have been accidental as if they were going to purpousfully do it they would wait til you were out of earshot. Sometimes it's best just to keep things to yourself unless you know for certain you can trust a person. I'm just sorry this has happened to you, it's not a nice feeling at all :( As for what I'd do, I'd talk about it at some point in private and let them know that they let it slip out and see their reaction to this. I'd feel upset if this happened to me but I'd know not to divulge any info like that again not because they are a bad person but because it's just one of their habits they may not be able to control.
I think If I say something right now it would come out in a bad way. So,for right now it would be best to just be quiet. I really like the person and she has helped me with some hard times. I really think it was not meant to happen looking back n it. But,I will never tell her a secret again. thanks for sharing your views with me. I like what you had to say here.
You're most welcome. You know what is best for you so if you feel it would come out badly then you are right, just let this one go, learn and move on :)
Thanks for understanding me I would hate to ever say anything to hurt my friend over this. I will one day sit her down and talk it over as well. That day is not today though. welcome to mylot.
Maybe she didn't meant to say it or maybe she thought that it's not a harmless idea to tell anyone about it and for you it's a big thing! There are a lot of insensitive person so be aware of whom you can trust that can seal her/his mouth.
That is the truth and I will be more careful next time. thanks.
@winterose (39922)
whoever the person is it is always better to be upfront and tell them about it, it could have been just a slip of the tongue and the person meant nothing by it, but if you don't talk to that person about it you will never know. That is how to make bad friends rather quickly.
@inertia4 (27268)
I have an aunt that is like that. She always wants to know everything that is going on. And for some strange reason she wants to know what is going on in my life. And she also knew something years ago that to this day she never told me. I found out through my brother and my mother. She actually knew that my ex was leaving before I knew it and she never came to me and told me. She keeps things from people and wants to know everything. And the strange part is that she keeps in touch with my ex more then she keeps in touch with me. It makes me wonder. But I am not the type to tell people things. This issue is no big deal for me. I just harbor the anger inside. And if need be I will start a family feud. No biggie for me.
I think that there are times that we all make freudian slips, so I really can't say if it was something that she meant to say or if it was something that she did intentionally. With that said, I have found that there are really not all that many people that we are able to talk to about anything and not worry about them passing that kind of information on. In fact, there is a friend of mine that I am able to share everything with, but the vast majority of the people that I know don't know a lot of personal things about me.