Ponyo (on the cliff by the sea)

@lady1993 (14116)
It was so cute.. about a goldfish who wants to be human,after having a human friend. it was a bit confusing at times, since i wasn't so sure what Ponyo really was and who the other characters were. Good thing they shed light on everything near the end.. and it ended really great. And the animation was nice and the scenery below the waters too.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
I have to say that this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The animation was interesting, but the story was AWFUL! First, having the mom get drunk in a kid's movie was really in poor taste, and having her leave a 5 year old home alone was unrealistic, to say the least. The David Bowie look-alike was a nice-looking character but really made little sense, as did the creatures from the Devonian sea. All in all, I was VERY disappointed by this movie.
@lady1993 (14116)
Oh well, everyone has their views in it.. I didn't really think that hard on every scene and just enjoyed everything.. It is quite an old movie, but yes it was interesting but a bit confusing at first.. I guess the mom didn't want to endanger his son's life.. they are high up anyway..
@Suzieqmom (2763)
True enough! I know many people who enjoyed it, but there were lots of moms I know that found it troubling, to say the least. But as you say, at least it had a happy ending!
@CTHanum (8254)
I just read the manga for some of the products of Studio Gibli like the Cats Return, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo is one of them. It just like the little mermaid story but in modern version. Simply said I never assume ponyo as goldfish as she did not looks like one but she is really cute...(^^)
@lady1993 (14116)
Oh, i didn't know there was even a manga. Yeah, i wondered why almost all the people thought she was a goldfish.. are goldfishes even red? It was really cute, since they wee just 5.. Good thing it ended happily.. i had a bit of a bad feeling it wouldn't.