remember the times when our primetime television have weekly programs

Calgary, Alberta
before, soap operas are afternoon and morning shows, Primetime TV of our country is like American Televisions, Primetime dramas and comedies are once a week shows, so every night there is a different show on Tv. A sitcom on Monday, A drama anthology on Tuesday, Horror show on Wednesday, True to life drama anthology on Thursday, Music on Friday and so and so forth. so Every night Tv networks have something different to offer, Then Mexican soap operas with Daily format happen, with that daily soap opera shows became prime time and weekly shows are only in weekends. Even Franchises of reality shows that are known to be weekly shows became daily shows on our country when a Filipino version existed. Big Brother, Survivor and Biggest loser are weekly shows on their country of origin, but in the Filipino franchises they became daily shows. Why do you think Filipinos prefers daily shows over weekly shows? During the 90's every Tv show on prime time is once a week, shows from Monday to Friday are daily shows.
@ckyera (17261)
Hi Capt! Yes I remember those days too and I feel like there's more balance on tv shows those days. I think these days, due to networks' competition and think that people like those kinds of shows more, they make those as daily shows to make their viewers follow their shows and stick on them...
• Calgary, Alberta
I miss those times because prime time television have diversity now we have the same freaking thing for the whole week, I think majority of Filipinos have addiction mentality on TV thats why daily shows became dominant.
@ckyera (17261)
That's also one reason why I stop watching tv on prime time and in the afternoon...I just got tired following those soaps... But thanks to some cable channels, my husband and I have a choice now which one to watch in the evening...
• Calgary, Alberta
weekly shows have a better character development and pacing, The asian dramas aired in our country are actually weekly shows but they divide one episode into 5.
@katrinapaz (2438)
I remember it so well that I miss it so much. I like that every night the television has different things to offer. there was a day that featured comedy, then another night that featured horror and a night that featured cartoons which i loved so much as a child. i guess the taste of the viewers changed and that is the reason why telenovelas are on every night.
• Calgary, Alberta
its a much more better prime-time experience you have more shows to choose from now everything is turned into slow paced daily programs. Can you imagine the taiwanese, Korean and Japanese shows exported in our country are weekly shows but Tv networks divides 1 episode into 5 to 6.
@chiyosan (30204)
ah yes, i remember to have this, but i think there were also daily drama shows.. but have different stories, like the connie on camera? ha ha the daily show before was probably more on the news only and well there are different genres offered. still, there are your afternoon dramas, i think the drama before that is daily are in the afternoon, like the shows of flordeluna? haha now i remember that... i guess people's preference have changed and since many mothers now work drama has been moved to weeknights!
• Calgary, Alberta
I think Americans will abhor the idea of a daily show in primetime...LOL Yeah daily shows use to be afternoon and morning only in our country, we use to have a very diverse primetime, everyday offers a different show, Now prime time is filled with daily shows on weekdays. I wonder if weekly shows on weeknights will return someday,
@asdomencil (4276)
I remeber it too. I love the drama anthology day and the movie friday. But now because of too much teleserye, the said type of TV shows were already removed and change to series of telenovelas.
• Calgary, Alberta
we still have weekly shows but only in the weekends, weekly shows seemed to have a better format than daily shows because they dont get old fast, they dont get bland fast, yet we were stuck with daily shows and even shows that are not suppose to be daily became daily shows in our country. Dramas are better I think if they were weekly cos script writing is more meticulous. Reality shows have better character development and editing and has a better pace if its weekly. daily shows are dragging.