Have you ever been stuck in an elevator..

I was stuck in one twice in adrian's building. once I was screaming and banging on the door and it was terrible. soon the door opened up and I jumped out of it. then later the same day I was on it with two other people and I was freaking out. The elevator kept jumping up and down like it was going to lose control and drop a fe flights fast. This lady was with me screaming please stop crying and I was like bit... shut up I am about to die. in my head of course.. Then I went to move and my phone called adrian's number and he was screaming to me and I could not understand him. the man in there was talking spanish and he was about to cry as well. He worked for the building and made a phone call. someone came with a key and opened the door for us.
@Jennib1 (62)
• South Africa
Oh my word, what a terrible experience! I have never been stuck in an elevator before but I can't tell you how often I have dreamed being stuck in one. Not only stuck, but in my dream the elevator is always falling at a rapid speed while swaying from side to side. I always wake up before reaching the bottom. Today I think I will be taking the stairs. :)
That would ruin me forever if I were to suffer with that dream. I am moving to the 7th floor this month.
@padu19 (1441)
Hi, As of now I have not been stuck. Generally, there will be a power shut down at 10 am in our location. I was attempting to use the lift at 9.50. My husband warned me about the power shut down and actually saved me. That whole day, the lift was having some issues and people who used were getting stuck and there was not even a paper to denote 'Lift out of order!'. It was getting stuck due to the voltage fluctuation, I guess.
That was really good that he was able to get to you in time as well. I would be upset sticking in there so long.
@chi2nasrin (1103)
I did once, together with my friend. I lived on the 22nd floor, imagine and we were on our way up when the elevator suddenly stopped. We were like looking at each other speechless for about 2 minutes before saying something, and started to press the emergency button. There's no signal if we were to call anybody anyway.... It was a fw minutes before one guy came to our rescue... my friend said she will never come to my house again after that...
I am so laughing right now.. I would never want to go back to such a high floor again either..
sounds very scary. I'm worried to even think of going in an elevator alone.. and I'm not so in a modern place to go by elevator daily. there's only a need if I was going to stay in a big hotel or apartment. When I go in elevator know I always pray I reach ground or wherever I want safely,,, phew... I would have fainted in a situation like yours. Hats off
If I were in there any longer I think I would be no more good to anyone.
@jricky1 (6809)
Honestly,i can never imagine the fear and also the moment that you are.So i always have such fear everytime taking elevator.So i suppose i'd better not meeting such situation.But luckily you are ok and we should pray to god and it's like dangerous at that time.I think you'd thank really much to the guy that help you out.lol
Yes I was very happy that he was able to make that call to get us out. it was really a good thing.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I have never been stuck in an elevator but I can truly believe it to be a frighting experience..Especially if you have a fear of closed in places....anything over 30 seconds could seem like for ever... And some people just get frecked and it is dangereous when you feeled trapped, even if you are not...
That is how I felt when I was stuck in there. when kay was stuck I went off as well and it was pitched black in there for her and her friend.
@inertia4 (26286)
I have been stuck briefly on an elevator. I did not panic though. That is the worst thing you could do. But it did start working after a few minutes. I can understand the feeling being stuck in an elevator for a while. I am sure that would bother me.
@winterose (39932)
I was stuck in an elevator once for about an hour. I was at work and there was three of us, one of the people was a boss. We were all calm and just waited until they were able to open the doors and get us out. My cousin is afraid of elevators as well. She is going to have to get used to it when I move, unless she decides to walk up the stairs.
That is something that has never happened to me, thankfully. I honestly believe that if I would ever get stuck in an elevator, I would absolutely plumb freak out. The reason that I think that this is what would happen to me is because of the fact that though I am not completely claustrophobic, I do have a slight degree of claustrophobia and having that, being in an elevator for more than a few minutes would be way too much for me.
@velvet53 (14625)
• Palisade, Colorado
Yes, once. It is sure a different experience but not that bad. There wasn't a lot of people on it and the ones that were stayed calm.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i am thankful because that experience not yet happen to me because i know i will feel afraid and frightened when i am stuck in an elevator especially when i am alone,my previous work was located at 5th floor but i never been experienced that.
I got stuck in one at school. I was one of those students who carried a turned-off cellphone. When the principal found out, he was actually mad that I had the phone on me!!!! I just said "fine! Next time I'll just scream, till someone comes to get me!" LOL No more complaints after that. He knew he couldn't argue.
@davaome (1828)
It gives me shivers thinking about it. I HATE being in enclosed spaces let alone be trapped in one. You handled yourself well even though in your mind somehow you felt that you were in despair. Hoping that I will Never experience something like that.
I am not quite sure about it, but it seems I have never been stuck in an elevator yet. If there was such kind of experience, it would definitely leave me a deep impression. I would be so scared in the elevator if I was stuck inside. Since I was afraid the elevator would fall down. So when there is little abnormal phenomenon in the elevator, I would not go inside. I prefer to go upstairs or downstairs on foot. I love China
@akash009 (453)
Yeah, it has happened with me. I got struck in an elevator and I m very lucky that it happened to me only once. I was really nervous because before that I only saw these kind of things happen only in movies. But when it happened to me in reality, it freaked me out. I was struck for 40 minutes and then the power was back. it was a horrible experience.
@jaiho2009 (39074)
I haven't had any experience with elevator scare. Honestly, it gives me creeps sometimes when I am alone inside the box. I just can't imagine myself being stuck all alone in an elevator and gosh....I always use the elevator office during wee hours since I work on graveyard shift-..yayy.