Do you play an instrument....

When I was in grade school I was in the band. I thought I was doing a good job at plaing the clairinet. when it was my time to play a solo I found out I was nly blowing air. I was so shame in front of the entire classroom. I had to pay to get to be in that band too.
• London, England
No, I have never run any music instrument, but I would love to play piano.
@inertia4 (26915)
I somewhat play the drums. I was always intrigued with the drums. I grew up listening to lots of rock music and loved the drums. I also like the piano and wish I could play. I do fool around with the keyboard I have. I can play a little. I just wish I knew how to play real good.
@RitterSport (2452)
I dont play any instrument any more, but when I was a kid we were given an old piano and poor me had to take piano lessons for 9 useless years till I finally was allowed to stop this nonsense. I hated the piano and didnt have any talent. I started learning to play the cello with 12 that was much better and even made it to the small Chamber Orchestra of the next suburb......
@Rochaten (159)
• Portugal
No! And I'm sorry. I'd love to know how to play the bagpipes!I Always love the Celtic culture.
@winterose (39931)
yeah I can imagine, I had to sing once in front of the whole school and I sounded awful, but I sang anyway and I was so embarrassed.
@jricky1 (6809)
When i was a primary student,i learned to play piano.And many years passed,i indeed forget many of the songs.lol,but now i really want to go back and learn again.lol,i saw your story,but i think that it needs your own courage if you really to make that enjoyable.
@sedel1027 (17868)
Played guitar when I was a teenager. My husband bought me a new guitar last year for my birthday but with him being injured and a ton of travelling I haven't had a chance to dedicate a lot of time to it.
When I was in the primary school, we learned to play the flute. But actually I could only play one song with the flute. Here the music is not an important lesson, sad to say. I love China
@Harold_ks (1674)
I do know how to play guitar, though I'm not that expert. I just know strumming and just following the order of chords in a song. I usually used just an acoustic guitar. Well, I find it fun to play guitar and it's a good hobby as well. I'm glad you can also play a musical instrument. Good day!
hi there giftsandbagscom. i used to be part of a band when i was in college. i played the bass guitar but i also played the organ and drums. i ended up being the vocalist though with that college band of mine. good times!!! cheers and happy mylotting!!!
@cher913 (25895)
i tried to take piano lessons but found i was better at the theory than the actual playing! i enjoyed it though but gave up after about a year.
I used to play the piano (well, I think I still could - but I'm probably very rusty). I started playing when I was 4. People thought I played really really well at recitals . . . but that's because I was so small and people thought I was so young when I really wasn't. I played all the way through beginning of high school. I don't think I was a natural - in fact, I actually dreaded taking piano lessons. I even hated practicing!! I convinced my parents that I had to concentrate on high school studies and didn't have time for piano - thank goodness they bought that excuse . . . I mean, I really hated playing the piano.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Why do I believe you, LOL, I was part of the band also... as a majorette..the only noise I can make from my mouth is a burp or a whistle...
I use to play guitar and recorder in middle school. Only knew a few songs though. Would have to re-learn.
@jambi462 (4598)
Yeah I play bass and guitar but my main love is writing lyrics and singing. I've played in a few jam bands at a local music festival and people seemed to like it pretty well, but I've never been in a band that actually wrote music together. I really wish that I was though. I write a lot of music on my own and I hope that I can find a band that likes similar music to me in the future so that I can play live shows. If not I'm just going to invest in more equipment and end up recording all the instruments that I need for a band myself.
@jjzone44 (917)
I played clarinet when I was in school too, and then I switched to French Horn in my last 2 years of high school. It gets cold where I am in winter, and you can't really play the clarinet well with gloves on, so since the horn has valves I went with that. I don't play either of them any more.