My mother was right and I need to call her and thank her.

Last night I was on the phone crying when I found out about his mother passing. My mother told me not to cry because it was not going to help him. Just to listen to him when he calls to talk to me. I did not know how I was going to do this because I feel so bad for my baby. But,today when adrain called we were on the phone talking and he said he would be fine as long as I don't start crying. I think he heard me about to break down. Then my good friend told me to wait wait and let him call me. So,today he told me to call him back.I did not because I said,I don't want to call and interrupt what your doing. So,the net time I speak to him will be when he calls t talk to me. we spoke about 4 times already and then he went to take care of business.
@kingparker (9698)
I was so sorry for, is your friend's mother passed? I wasn't clear your discussion on above, and hopefully you can explain some more of it. Anyway, take the consolation, and keep moving on. We hope that all the sadness will go away, and we all looking forward for the better tomorrow.
yes his mother passed and he is now in her house taking care of her needs.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
What you did really help him a lot. Mothers are really always right that sometimes we just take for granted and always insist what we know is right.It really better to listen to our mother even though we are grow up now and has our own lives because we still need their advices.
That is why I call my mother all the time and talk to her.
@olliekobra1 (1826)
Mothers are always right thats why we always turn to our mothers for advice regardless of how old we are. A good mother always seems to know what to say at the right time and its nice that you have thanked her.
I tried to call and got her mail service. I will be calling her later on in the evening. thanks for the nice words.
It is natural that you want to break down because of the fact that your loved one is hurting and there is nothing that you are able to do in order to help him to feel better. However, your mother is very right because your breaking down is not something that is going to help him as well. He will want to talk about things and it is best to let him do it in his own time than to force him to do it right away. It might be that he is ready to talk about it right away or it could be a long while before he is ready to talk about it all.
Hi friend, sad to hear that he lost his mum. Surely the sorrow is in his inner heart, but he is in need to take care of his business, hope he will forget about the worries and do his work properly. Your worries surely give more sadness to him, so avoid crying in front of him and you are the person to give more comfort to him.
@winterose (39918)
Yes you are doing very well, supporting him hon, I am proud of you.
He will have a lot to deal with right now with the estate. Yes, your mother was right. You need to hold it together for Adrian; just be there to listen whenever he wants to talk.
Your mother is absolutely right. I know it's one thing to feel what he feels, but to barrage him with emotional reactions when he already feels down will only make him feel worse.