Have you ever had to watch your child get arrested..

My daughter was walking down the street with friends and a girl saw her and kept picking a fight with her. she tried to walk away and go home but the girl wuld not stop. so my daughter bit off her false nails leaving the parts that could not come off. and they started fighting. the girl has scratches that looked like knife marks and her eye was damaged really bad. the police came to my house and took my child away. when I got to the police station I saw her walking down the hall in handcuffs. I lost all control at that time and it was ugly. I screamed for god to help my child out of this mess. I was so upset because my child kept telling them the girl mad her fight her. after a year she was off probation and all is well. She was arrested because they thought she had a knife at the fight.
I'm sorry your daughter felt she had no choice in the matter. She's gotten herself in more hot water with this latest drama.
This happened a few years ago and now it is all over with. she remains away from the girl as well.
Wow - I can't even imagine. My kids are only 7 and 2 - so no - and I hope I never see them ever get arrested! And I hope to never see them get in such a fight either!
@Masihi (4228)
Oh dear that would be very traumatic, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully the police officers will find out that there was no knife and your daughter will be let off. Any idea at all if she'll have to go to court or anything, or will they let her go after a while? Wishing the best and try to keep a cool head on your shoulders, like a rock for your daughter, ok? She needs you at this time.
@MandaLee (3700)
Dear Sharon, Wow. I am so sorry. Seeing her being arrested had to be so hard for you. I am praying for all of you.
I went to visit a friend in prison once and saw them taking him away in shackles. I broke down because I felt so bad for him. My granddaughter wanted to go to a boys house once when I still had guardianship of her. He was much older and I didn't like it and wouldn't let her go. She got mad and tried to push me down the stairs and then hit me. I called the authorities. I remember we were on the front lawn and I was watching a policeman putting her in handcuffs and leading her to the police car. It was a sight i will never forget. I screamed inside.
okay retype it went bye bye oh celticEagle that was so awful, your own granddaughter to try to hurt you and you felt sick inside I am sure seeing the police take her away but you had no recourse either so I hope you never blamed yourself.My son never got in trouble with the law but he and my hubby could not agree on anything.And as I loved them both I wanted to bust their stubborn heads but of course I did not. I did try to make them care for each other but it seldom worked.Finally my son got his own apt. and I would visit him but his dad refused.This was always the only disagreement I had with my husband over my son. Our son. he had the idea because our son did not really resemble him that I might have betrayed him which was so asinine I almost refused to hear it. he knew I was always faithful to him so why take that attitude just because my son looked my like my grandfather Richey on my moms side instead of his own dad. My son also had dark hair and brown eyes but he looked like my grandpa when he was my sons age..
I was pretty firm within myself at that point. I knew I couldn't handle her any longer. The hardest part was saying I wouldn't come and get her when they called that she was able to leave juvenile detention. She went into foster care. Your hubby thought you may have betrayed him? Genetics is a strange thing. Pictures as they are growing up are fun to look at later on to see similarites of different family members.
I've never had to watch my children get arrested and I don't think that it would be something that I would be able to handle. However, a month ago I had to watch my best friend get arrested at my own home. The reason was because she and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight and she asked us to call the police because he was hitting her. Well, the police got here and ran names and she had a probation violation so they had to take her into custody. Though the police were kind to her, it was hard to watch because I love her so much and her children were left here with me.
Hi friend, sad to hear about this, why your daughter did this thing? also what is the need to have a knife with her? it became a great issue for her and she is charged for it. It is really hard to see this kind of arresting incidents in our life. Hope your daughter is fine now.
@winterose (39931)
yes I saw my son cuffed and arrested in my house. He was young then, 13 years old, it nearly broke my heart but I had to remain strong and I did.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, No. I never actually saw my daughter get arrested but she was arrested back when she was 17 and it was horrible. So in that, I can totally relate to how you must have felt,. I'm not sure just what happened between your daughter and this girl but it sounds as if it was KK that got physical first. If that is the case, then she was probably arrested for assault charges which would have been much worse had she been using a knife.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
fortunately I have never experiences that at all...All I can say is God is Good... I just can't imagine going through that..I do know that to hear those cell doors close is one of the worst sounds in the world...It like closing out the entire world...I know because I worked at the police department...
@911Ricki (13602)
Well doesnt matter who started the fight she instegated it, and the girl got damage. Did she get damage? Most likely not if she got charged. Ive never been arrested and if I did I might as well throw my life and dreams down the drain.
hi gifts no I cannot say I have but my son seldom if ever fought with anyone either. I am so sorry for you having to watch them handcuff and it sounds like it was self defense on KayKays side but they were awed I guess by the looks of the other girl.I h ope they did arrest the other girl also.I am glad Kaykay is off probation now. a lot of times the police sort of goof too.