She called to ask me to the movies..

Because it was so hot ut there I had to tell her to go alone. I think it was sweet that she offered to take me to get me out of the house. but,I can't be out there in all that hot weather. I did tell her she culd come here if she wanted to. she wanted me to meet her at my mothers. My car is in the shop and I was not getting on no train and walking across town in that heat. Plus I am trying to spend less money everyday..
@ravisivan (14051)
GSB: I saw the discussion on "daughter" -- I am now in my daughter's residence in Canada. we will be here for two months. True nowadays it is really hot and you are right in not moving out in this hot climate. take care. good day.
hi ravis so you are in Canada visiting your daughter. I did not know it got hot in Canada? I realize that getting out and exerting a lot in a heat wave will make you ill for sure.Be sure to stay in the shade and drink plenty of water oh other flu ids too b ut wather does the most good. its been oddly cool here not cold about 70 but July usually brings hot weather.I am sure not complaining at all.
It is great that she called and asked you to go to the movies with her and it probably would have been something that you would have had a great time with considering that you really haven't had the opportunity to see her very much lately. However, you also have a really good point with the fact that it has been very hot outside and also that it is expensive to go to the movies these days. However, I know that you were really happy to hear from her.
@winterose (39932)
who called you your daughter? That is nice if she did that.
@911Ricki (13602)
I dont blame you for not wanting to go out in this heat. I have been working in it and I feel so sick from it. I dont have ac at home, so I usually have a fan aimed right at me. Movies are so expensive now a days, here one movie is $15.00 alone. I love spending my nights at home relaxing, I havent been to the movies in ages.
hi gifts that was sweet of her, maybe now she is at your moms she is learning how much she unappreciated you and is trying to make it up.you know its July here in Southern California so should be getting hot but its right at 70 and still has that tiresome june gloom. overcast and grey skies not cold just not typical Southern Ca weather. else where every one is having heat waves.oddly mow all the sky seemed covered with big white marshmallowy clouds. sounds like I am hungry and maybe I am we had grilled cheese sandwiches and sou p so I should not be hungry but I miss not having some veggies of some kind. lol.Walking in the heat is a g ood way of getting heat stroke so you are wise not to chance it. I take it you have a lot of transportation methods here in N.Y? here in orange co unty its mostly buses and the Am track. city buses I mean, oh we have long distance Greyhound too.