Is it possible to install windows xp on pendrive(without harddisk)?

@venkit (2957)
My hard disk is not working. It will show blue screen error during win xp installation. the error with message "windows have shutdown to save you system blah blah ..error with no:oxoooooxx is shown. and says that you have to do chkdsk and try again.These disappointing thing is these all happen during installation. I have done chkdsk and tried again still same error happen. So i took my hard disk and put it on my friend system and did low level formatting,then did check disk. after that 40GB hard disk became 33gb, its ok if it gets installed. but still the same error comes. so i think now i can't install OS on this hard disk. anyway the system is old one, i have a new laptop, so i just want to make my pc working.So i don't wish to buy new hard disk. So can any one tell me some solution to install windows xp on pen drive. now pen-drive is very cheap so, can i install xp on 8GB or 16GB pen drive? I have searched in google, but not got exact answer, do anyone have done this before? have your thoughts and advice..
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
its possible to Boot on a pendrive but not to install an OS on it
@venkit (2957)
it may be possible to install on pen drive also. that is why asked about it. any way i need to install on pen drive, let me try..
@mrfdg1972 (3238)
I have seen that pendrive boot but its unbearably slow. it was solve by the new age ADATA boot.
@surfer222 (1715)
Never tried that before but on ehow there's a guide on how to do this... check it out: http://www.ehow.com/how_6520947_install-xp-usb-flash-disk.html but i think you need to find some special tool on the internet/file sharing sites...
@venkit (2957)
thanks for the link. i will try it out. but from the site the exact procedure is not understood clearly. probably i will catch it up when i make a try. hope that it will work.