Reading couldn't even stop my mind from thinking!

I couldn't keep still. I mean my head doesn't clear up. There is too much to think about at the moment that I could feel my heart beating fast even when I try to keep quite and read. I am reading a book inspired by the first world war and there are facts in it that I should absorb but I just couldn't. I just stopped at the moment and came to my lot instead.
@choybel (5059)
In my case, I just drink Coke and watch funny movies or TV series whenever I feel this troubled. I would suggest doing something you enjoy for a while just to ease your mind off.
Try some meditation and breathing exercises to clear your mind. Concentrating on emptying your mind and focusing on your breathing should really help clear your mind of worries and thoughts. Yes, what you are doing also helps. Trying to look for other diversions like myLotting will stop you from thinking too much of a certain idea.
@meumeu25 (917)
• United Arab Emirates
Hi, All you have to do is close your eyes, relax, take a deep breath, and meditate. Try to get your thoughts out of your head. And then continue reading when your ready.
@saad1122 (100)
• Pakistan
hellow taiwanlife:).well that was your story but my view is totally changed.because whenever i had any problem i gone through reading some intersting or informative story book or search on youtube some greatest movies.that always make me busy on that side.and for me this is only a way to get out from tensed situation
@succeednow (1638)
Hi taiwanlife, Yes sometimes it is very diificult to control one's thoughts. No matter how hard we try it seems that the mind has a mind of its own. I hope you know what I mean. But I believe that if we try to relax and calm down and be patient and persistent we can do it. Once the mind is relaxed we can then have better control of it. We need to focus and concentrate on the task at hand, in this case reading, and nothing else. We will be able to achieve results. Have a great day.
@se7enthbird (8328)
Maybe mylot is the best way for you to not to think. Or maybe you just need to change the topic of your book. Try a subject that is more interesting and thrilling in your taste, that may help you not to think of unnecessary things or things tha bothers and gives you stress. You can also try to exercise and watch television or go shopping for a change. But you know, reading does make me busy. When i am stress, i can finish a book in two days. It makes me excited and relaxed at the same time
@bLadeee (403)
you couldn't stop your mind thinking maybe because you're so interested on what you have read. It also happened to me, it's just like I want to know everything and answer all the question in my mind when reading an interesting book. To relax my mind I usually rest on my bed even I can't go to sleep but helps to lessen my mind's thinking.
@besweet (7238)
• Greece
I'll share with you what helps me calm down sometimes. I am trying to write down my feelings. Before going to sleep, if I feel stressed I take a piece of paper and write whatever I feel. And then I can sleep easier because I feel relieved! I never read those papers the next day but I keep them stored in a box and maybe one day I'll read them!