Noone wants to work?

@911Ricki (13602)
I had told my boss today that next weekend friday, Saturday and Sunday I will be away camping. If he needed me to do something or an order needs to be done I can do it Monday - Thursday I can stay extra. He said perfect because noone wants to come in. The other 3 workers he called all week and noone has returned his calls. The one girls father came to pick up her cheque and stood there saying she needs money and work yet she isn't coming in. So right now its me and the lady during the day she works only short hours. I will most likely be working 7 - 8 hours each night to get the same hours I usually get in.
@theguy03 (187)
Sounds busy, I hope that you can enjoy your camping. Work sucks, but the paycheck is not so bad. I hope all of your work stuff is sorted out and you take advantage of the chaotic workplace to further develop your career.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, it is busy busy sadly we need to work to pay bills. I work another job during the day as well so I will certainly be exhausted and ready to go camping this weekend.
@sedel1027 (17855)
What type of job to do you have that no one wants to work. I have worked in places where it was mostly teenagers & young adults, there was always problems with people not wanting to come into work.
@911Ricki (13602)
Many who don't come in are teenagers and young adults. Many around the same age as myself. They whine and complain they need hours yet don't want to work for them.
It's good that this gives you the opportunity to get your hours in. I know that I certainly would be picking up some extra hours if I were in that position; I don't understand having work available and not wanting to be bothered with taking some extra hours.
@911Ricki (13602)
I know since the job is seasonal and it ends for the year in August / September. Plus, I may not have my other job come August so Im taking as much right now. But the others simple dont have any responsibility at all and not a single bill so why waste your time and energy. I know neither drive their own cars, nor pay for them, none have bills to pay for as they live at home and their parents pay for everything.
I think that this is something that always happens during the summer when it comes to working. People really want to be outside enjoying the nice weather and thus they want to take vacation during the summer months and that means that many work places do suffer. My mother is supposed to be on vacation from work next week, but now she doesn't know if it is going to happen because someone has forgotten to put her vacation up on the board.
@winterose (39918)
Well I guess it will be working out well for you then. If you work outside isn't it very hot?
He would probably prefer to have you anyway. You are more reliable and do the work the right way the first time.
hi Ricki have fun camping.I am glad you are getting some hours later. odd how people want money but will not work seems to me work and money sort of go together, I know I never made money without working some where for it lol. You will have more money to add to a fund to move out on your own too.this sort of reminds me of the kids fable about the grasshopper and the ant. the ant was busy storing up food for the coming winter and the grasshopper, a lazy fellow, told her it was a long time till winter so why bother. well time slipped by Mr.Grasshopper and suddenly it was snowing and he did not have a bit of food,so went next door begging for food from Mrs.Ant. She gave him a little but scolded him for not stocking up while he had the time and the food to stock up on.