I didn't disclose my personal information for security reasons.

@wittynet (4131)
Department of Education contacted me for more than 10 times. This is because I sent a text message to one radio station. I revealed that there are many public high school teachers and principals who are training their students to cheat during achievement test. This radio station didn't make any investigations, instead they forwarded the issue to DEPED. I also appreciate it. The callers were very persistent. They're forcing me to reveal my identity. I never disclosed any information because I know the consequences. They requested additional information and asked me to send them an email. I did. I used my dummy Yahoo email account. I gave them three names of high schools. I also emphasized that I'm not comfortable giving out the information for I'm not sure if there are also people in DEPED who are involved in this kind of activity. I just hope and pray that they're persistent because they want to solve this problem. At the back of my mind, I am also thinking: How about if these people who kept on calling me are the mastermind or one of those who tolerate this cheating? What will happen to my complaint?
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
We in our department, we accept complaints from an unknown person for as long as the detail of the compliant are present. We immediately conduct a fact finding investigation to see if the complaint has a basis of just a hearsay. You have the right not to disclose anything.
@wittynet (4131)
Can you help me with this issue?
Hi friend, good to hear about your activity. You did a great thing by pointing out the cheating persons, there is nothing wrong in your activity, you must hide your personal info, as you are doing a great thing, some times it may give some unwanted issues to you, better to stay nameless and tell the fact to the higher authorities to stop this unwanted cheating activities
@wittynet (4131)
Yes. I can say that this illegal activity can be considered as tradition in some or most public schools. Students as young as seven years old were (are) already trained to cheat.
we they will put a collar on you if they will find out who you are. and if this is really like a syndicate well they are considering that they cheating. try not to email them at home. they might consider looking at your ip address and trace you using that. about your complaint i just hope that they will act on it. it not like it landed headline on every news institutions i don't think that it will change soon. just don't keep your faith too high that there will be changes. but if you can really call help from imbestigador or XXX it might help to expose this.
@wittynet (4131)
The problem is instead of investigating this issue, the radio station forwarded my text message to DEPED. It only means that they trust DEPED, and this station is not interested to expose this issue. Well, I still thank them for forwarding the message to DEPED. I hope the person who received it is an upright government employee.
@gerald_lian (2193)
It's a good thing you resisted giving out your personal information, as I can smell a rat here with the Department of Education's persistence in calling you. I do not understand why they have to request your personal information, when complaints are supposed to made in privacy and anonymity. It's good to keep yourself anonymous as who knows what the perpetrators might do to you if your identity is revealed. If those people from the DEPED wants additional information, they can do it from email, which you are clever enough to have a dummy email account for that!
@wittynet (4131)
Yes! She's enticing me to give her my name. She gave her name to me, and she told me that I should also do the same. She promised that it will remain confidential, but I insisted that my name is not important in this issue.
@asdomencil (4276)
That is aright move that you did not give any information about yourself. It is better to remain anonymous from them. Maybe you are right that those keep on calling you are the mastermind of the said cheating. If they are really the one that will investigate the said cheating, they should nt focus on your identity but they should focus on the investigation on the schools that you mentioned to them. Good day!
@wittynet (4131)
Exactly! I would just like to add that they kept on calling me before I sent them an email. It has been two days since I sent them an email. I never heard anything from them after that.
To give them benefit of the doubt, they might be calling you to ask more information about the schools involved in cheating. Since you stated that afer giving the names of schools they did not make anymore calls to you. It mght be the reason.
@wittynet (4131)
Yes. Let us give them the benefit of the doubt. I hope after giving them some information, they will start investigating this issue. I hope they'll also respond to my email so that I'll be also updated.
@Raine38 (9117)
Their persistence in securing your personal details highly indicates that they want to do damage control fast. That or they are bound to keep tabs on your complaint and make sure it will never reach the proper authorities thereby keeping their secret in the dark. You can also be right, they can be legit Dep Ed people BUT are somehow connected to the cheating going around. You did the right thing. BTW, what's your real name? ;) just messing up with yah!
@wittynet (4131)
I promise that I'll make another report in a different radio station. I'll not stop until this activity is revealed. My real name is Wittynet.
@Raine38 (9117)
Nice! I hope we have more of you around who sees beyond the immediate and short term benefits of cheating to advance on grade levels.
@wittynet (4131)
@ybong007 (6659)
What you were saying is true. Cheating happens during national exams and it's the school staff and teachers who are involve in making the "leakage" to ensure that most if not all their students get a high percentage passing grade. I experience this first hand when I was in high school and being one of the student leaders, the leakage was handed over to me so others may copy. bad thing is, the teacher watching over our exams saw the leakage and she confiscated it without saying a word.
@wittynet (4131)
Maybe because she's also involved. When we confiscated all the test papers, and all of us stopped giving the test, the teachers who were left in the school to attend to our needs were shocked. They said that we're acting as if we're not also doing the same in our school. We wanted to kill all of them! We're not like these teachers who are not teaching well and are cheating during achievement tests.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I don't know why they insist on you to tell them who you are... or... I have bad feelings. I think DEPED in your country is either angry at you for degrading their reputation, because they want everyone to think everything is fine there, or that they are really deep in this uglyness, and want to move you out of the picture and do bad things to you. You are a really smart person, don't give your personal information out, you don't know what the consequences can be. Because, if they really wanted to stop this stuff going on, they would be glad that you stood up against that practice and would invest their energy in tracking down those principals and teachers, not harassing the person who brought up this topic. It smells fishy.
@wittynet (4131)
That's correct! If after few months, I didn't hear anything about this, I'll make another plan. I'll consult another radio station. I hope this time, they're not going to forward my text message to DEPED. I hope they are the ones who will investigate this.
hi wittynet yes you were right to not disclose your personal informaion as it sou nd like a sticky situation.The callers worry me too as what if they are in DEPED ? so I hope you can work this out with out getting caught up in the cheating mess.Yes its hard to know whose wanting all that information. Hope you can get out ot this mess intact.
@wittynet (4131)
Yes. They are in DEPED. They told me that they are from action center of DEPED. The radio station forwarded my text message to them. You are correct! I don't know if I can trust her or not. Thank you!