Places in your home country that you wish to go to

@maximax8 (28559)
United Kingdom
I wish to go to Cornwall so have booked a one week stay there later this month. My kids will be able to play on the beach and visit some children's adventure parks. I will be able to see them enjoy themselves and visit some tropical looking gardens. I am going to drive down there from my bungalow in Somerset. I would like to visit Norfolk to see a lovely prize winning tropical looking garden. I have read books with tempting looking plant photos and interesting writing. I can't afford the train fare to go all the way up there. I would love to visit more places in South Wales. I wish to explore the Forest of Dean. Which places in your home country do you wish to visit? Is it possible for you to go to one of these? If not why?
@choybel (5059)
There are so many places still that I would like to visit in my country alone. The biggest problem is money. I really can't afford the fare and the cost of living in many of the places I want to go. Our country is an archipelago so traveling mostly requires ferry or airplane, which is expensive. If you are interested in knowing more about beautiful spots in our country, here is a site that promotes most of the tourist spots and vacation sites: http://itsmorefuninthephilippines.com/ If I get to be wealthy someday, I'm sure to make traveling to certain destinations here in our country a must. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip and vacation with your kids. Take care and have a very enjoyable week!
@maximax8 (28559)
Thanks for your great response to my discussion. I think that the Philippines sounds very beautiful and thanks for giving me a link to that website about it. I would choose to fly into Cebu so it is an easy sea crossing over to Bohol Island. I see that flights are pricey within the Philippines and ferry crossings are quite expensive too. Many thanks for wishing me and my kids a happy trip.
@choybel (5059)
Cebu is indeed a great place. Probably one I consider as the finest city in the Philippines. We went there during high school as part of our educational tour. It was one unforgettable trip. Unfortunately, we were not able to go to Bohol. Perhaps someday, if I do get to visit that city again, I will make that trip to Bohol.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I want to do two trips, right here in Texas in the next few weeks - one is up to the Dallas area and the other is to Houston - we'll see if these things happen...
@maximax8 (28559)
I think that Dallas and Houston sound very interesting places to visit. I hope you will be able to do those two trips. Good luck.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Its not actually Dallas, its in that area, but its going to be a quick round trip to get more of the new roommate's stuff...
India is a vast country and I am fortunate that I have covered quite a bit of it and there is more to see. I would love to visit kulu/manali which has hills and dales and the climate is cool.
You can learn more about Kulu/Manali by visiting this link: http://www.maketourtoindia.com/kulu-manali.html
@maximax8 (28559)
It is great that you have seen many places in India. Yes, it is a huge country and it has many different places worth seeing. Thanks for the link about Kulu and Manali.
@Porcospino (18396)
• Denmark
I would like to visit some of the places in the western part of the peninsula. In the western part of the peninsula there is a special house called "The snail house". That house is decorated with thousands of snailhouses and mussel shelves. I have seen the house from the outside, but when my friend and I went there the museum inside the house was closed, and I would like to visit the place again and explore the inside of the house as well. In the same part of the country there is an island called Fur. I have never been there, but I have heard that it is very beautiful place and I would like to visit that island. I would also like to visit the two large islands in the eastern part of my country. They are called Lolland and Faster. On Lolland I am especially interested in visiting a town called Maribo. There are many lakes in the that town and it is supposed to be a very beautiful place. From Lolland you can visit two small islands called Femo and Fejo and I am interested in the visiting those two islands. It is possible to sail from my island to Lolland, but it is relatively expensive and I don't have the money for that trip at the moment. When we return from Asia we will probably be able to go there.
@maximax8 (28559)
Thanks for your fantastic response to my discussion. I find it charming to read about the Danish islands and hope that you will be able to visit Lolland. It is a shame the ferry is quite pricey. I know right now you and your husband are saving up for your trip to Asia. The snail house sounds very unusual and the island called Fur must be stunningly beautiful. Denmark seems to have many wonderful islands to visit.
@cher913 (25890)
i am in central Canada and would love to go and visit (and possibly even move out to) the east coast of Canada. i was there once when i was a teenager and loved it. i love the ocean, the laid back way (no one is rushing, no one cares about what designer you are wearing and of course, the ocean is a huge draw). i would love to visit Vancouver as well, but we are friends with a university student who is studying in our neck of the woods and says Vancouver is really expensive to visit and live in! i think i would rather go back to the east coast instead. it sounds more my style.
@maximax8 (28559)
Thanks for your superb response to my discussion. The east coast of Canada sounds really beautiful. I planned a trip to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island but it sadly didn't happen due to the travel firm folding. Instead I went to Vancouver, Vancouver Island and some of British Columbia. I had a wonderful time and I did find Vancouver rather pricey but worth it.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Hi maximax8! First of all, I hope you and your kids enjoy your stay in Cornwall. Let's hope the weather improves. Hasn't it been horrible? I'd like to go to London again as there is so much to do and see. Harrogate is supposed to be nice too and I saw an ace documentary a while back called "Town" and one episode was about Scarborough. Ever since then I've wanted to go as I like the seaside, being from Blackpool and all that. For the warmth I'd like to go to - either - Guernsey or Jersey, not fussed which one. Definitely not the Isle of Man though; it's too cold! The reason why we can't go anywhere other than Mum's is due to the lack of finances but once that is sorted out (me in a job) no doubt we can go anywhere we like. In that case it would be a Two Centre in the US. First week in Vegas (been before), the next..I dunno, somewhere like New England would be nice. Total contrast!
@maximax8 (28559)
Hi Janey 1966. Thanks for wishing me and my kids a happy trip in Cornwall. Yes, today has given me poor weather again so we have to hope it improves hey. I visited Scarborough last summer with my kids and we had a fantastic time going out for days. I loved Tropical World in Leeds. Jersey and Guernsey are both lovely islands ideal for visiting. Good luck with your state of finances.
The U.S. is a large country. I have been to a number of states, but there are still a number more that I have yet to visit. I have yet to visit Hawaii, Alaska or any of the states on the West coast. I would like to work on a book or books with my boyfriend while visiting some other areas in the U.S. That way, we would get to enjoy our travels and be accomplishing something career-wise at the same time.
@Torunn (2810)
• Norway
I'd love to go to Lofoten, the archipelago in the north of Norway. More specifically, I'd love to go to Røst in the middle of April and see the puffins arrive from the open sea to start breeding. Half a million puffins come at the same time, I'd just love to see it. The problem is that it's not always on the same day, and it is not that easy taking half a week or a week of in the middle of April to sit out in a boat in the middle of the ocean. Maybe I'll have to wait for a very early Easter holiday :-) I'd also like to the see or at least some of the stave churches in Western Norway. I've seen the one we have here in Trondheim, both the original in a museum here and the rebuilt version where it used to stand. I suppose what stands in my way there is only money and time, so I hope to see them pretty soon. There's probably lot of other places I'd like to see, just can't think of them now :-)
@adforme (2116)
In my country, I enjoy the country. The places I am referring to are southern states. I think the south is absolutely beautiful. I have wonderful memories of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. There are beaches, family, and good times for me in the south. The Carolinas are gorgeous as well. I have been many places, but I remember the south quite well in particular. I would like to visit Atlanta, Georgia. Maybe one day.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I got an invite from my best friend last week to spend a week with her and her family up in Great Yarmouth, I have only been to Great Yarmouth once but only for a fleeting visit, I've never actually stayed there. So it will be quite exciting going somewhere new, we will be visiting lots of places around Great Yarmouth too. We are renting a chalet, they have an indoor pool too! I usually go to the Isle of Wight but it's so expensive and I have been there so many times that I know it like the back of my hand. I will be driving up there from London. It's very inexpensive too.