A book made me cry

@jazel_juan (15767)
A friend made me borrow a book titled Chinese Cinderella written by Adeline Yen Mah, it is her true story when she was a kid. The book made me cry all the way... it was heartbreaking. To think that she went through it as a child. She grew up without a mother as her own mother died when she was born...then her father and other siblings despised he as they thought she was the reason why their mother died. What made it worse was that her father married another woman who was also that bad. Her stepmother was worse, she treated her and her siblings like crap, much worse to her as she does not want to compromise and give in. She just got lucky as she have the intelligence that surpassed everyone. I really cried especially the part where her pet PLT ( a duck) died or when she was left in boarding schools and she was alone during Christmas... i really cried thinking someone could be this way to a child. As a parent it moved me a lot, it made me realize how much love, care and attention is important for little ones... anyone read the book? i would really recommend this to someone to someone who feels alone and neglected, that somehow there is hope.
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi jazel recommend this to someone to someone who feels alone and neglected Little ones always need the care of their parents more than the care of anyone else. I havenet read this book but yes, I can understand. Unfortunately, today's parents are more on the sides of "earning for a better life" but in that they are ruining the present for themselves and the future of their kids (okay in most of the developing countries where we arent developed yet as the US or the UK, but then there too, situations are not that great)
@jazel_juan (15767)
yup, i am guilty of that as well thesids, sometimes i get to occupied with work that i forgot that my kids are in need of me....
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
No. you are not guilty here. I know you spend time with kids, have a better relationship with them - though you mention that kids remember you for your mood swings - but still, you do care for them - you wake up early for preparing them mom cooked food, spend time with them, so what if you sometime play a miser and reduce the 50.00 to 40.00 but you still care to act the fairy for them... I am sure they (the kids) would realize this - may not be so early but sooner and for good
@jazel_juan (15767)
That is encouraging sids, thank you for that though sometimes how i wish i could spend more time with them especially the youngest as among the three it is him i spend less, as the two i was with them when they were babies while the youngest he had to be with the nanny as i am working.. but i guess you are right in due time they will know that somehow i am doing this for them...
@jaiho2009 (39034)
The story seems like Cinderella in modern version. I remember it is more similar with "Ever After" where the lead character is strong and determined. I haven't read the book and I admit I am too lazy reading books lately although I have collections of books too. Since it's weekend try this movie, one of the Asian Film winner and nominated for Golden Globe...this made me cry The Flowers of War http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5rw3oTJMw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flowers_of_War
@jazel_juan (15767)
Hi ms.jai, yes it sounds like that just that at the end she did not marry a prince charming lol.. she became a doctor! there are many stories that are quite inspiring.. i will add The Flowers of War in my list.
American cinderella met her prince,what about this Chingese one ?
@jazel_juan (15767)
at this one she became a doctor. go and read it.