I hate moving and we are doing it again

@sedel1027 (17855)
I really really really dislike moving - especially all of this moving half way or all the way across the country. Really - does anyone like to move? What ways do you make moving more enjoyable?
Yep I actually like to move. We had to start moving for my husbands job mid thirties. I love it. It's actually exciting to see new places. I got really bored with the same old things after 30 years in basically the same place. We've moved cross country five times and made smaller moves, now we're moving again in a year, can't wait, I'm really excited to find out where we'll end up. I figure I have my senior years to sit in one place and wait to die ha ha. As for enjoyable, I take a lot of pictures and enjoy the scenery. Any specific tips about anything just ask.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I'm 100% over moving lol Since 2005 we have moved 8 times. I'm hoping to be in one place for awhile. I feel like just when we are getting settled in some place, we are moving again.
Yeah, we've moved five times in 3 years ha ha. We have had to move for his job. We'll have to move at least three more times in the next three possibly for. But it's always for a higher position and more money. I'm never so much in love with somewhere that I wouldn't want to leave. Each place and residence is a little nicer each time. I'm the queen of moving and organization ha ha. I label, sort categorize and pare down everything each move. Everything we move is what is most important to us so we live basically clutter free which is a plus of moving a lot.
@sedel1027 (17855)
We do the same thing. Seems like we always get rid of so much stuff. We moved 2 times in the last year and both times we purged our house. We still have too much stuff! Some of it I understand why we have it, other things (like the 10 boxes of stuff my husband refuses to get rid of that we have been moving for years and have no room for) I don't understand lol At our last move we had almost 6000lbs of stuff. Since we moved we have bought a bed frame for ourselves, another book shelf and 2 end tables and who knows what other random bits and pieces we have collected. We need a big house with lots of storage AND some place where we can buy storage solutions.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
I actually hate moving too because of the packing process but we can't do anything if the house we are renting is already needed by our landlord. And thinking of all the leaks from the previous house we rented,it's better to moved than to stay there. Well,the enjoyable part I can only mention is seeing the new house we are going to live in,hehe! New environment means new life.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I like moving into a new house, that's about it lol With how we have had to move the last 3 times, we haven't seen the places before hand. So it's a surprise. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Oh if that's the case,I think it's hard to move especially if the house you're going in is not nice.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
No NO NO way do I like having to pack to move..We never realize how much crap we have until we have to pack it for moving...I can tell you there is no I mean absolutely no enjoyment in moving to me...just a opinion from one mylotter....lol
@sedel1027 (17855)
We still have items in boxes from 3 moves ago
@sishy7 (27647)
Perhaps you dislike the hassles of packing, unpacking or such... But if you have something better waiting at the other end, all the hassles may even be worth while. I'm not sure what exactly the reasons for you to move; but I'm sure it's for something positive, a bigger place and a better opportunities perhaps?
@sedel1027 (17855)
I don't like the process, I don't like finding new places to live, ect lol I just really would like to buy a house and stay in one place for a few years. It seems like every time we move, what we moved for doesn't happen or doesn't turn out like how we were told it would.
@vycess (1590)
• Saudi Arabia
Maybe when you are always doing it, it is kinda tiring and thinking I will not have a peace of mind. It depends on how long you will stay in a place then move again. It sucks when you already established relationships with other people and then move again. But for me we stay in one place and we're not always moving.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Pretty much since 2005 we have been moving around. I'm just over it :) Every time you move you have to figure out where your stuff is going to be placed. You don't want to buy too many organizational tools because when you move again, those won't work. It's a lot of lost money and time.
I also hate moving because of the tasks it entails..sometimes it's hard to move away from the place you've grown so much to love and the people you're used to meeting..but just think about the new friends you'll make and the benefits you'll get out of moving in to the new place.
@annavi23 (6302)
hello sedel! :) The problem with moving is you get really tired of packing and unpacking plus the distance of the to and from where you're moving. the travelling and time and effort is really tiring. specially when it is only you who will do all those packing and unpacking and all the others are too lazy to do those...Argh! I guess by moving, you may learn to appreciate new places and new beginnings. new friends and new adventures. just think of positivity despite the tiring and negative feelings. Stop having negative vibes, it does block the wonderful view of bright options...
Actually I hate moving, but this last move which took place earlier this month was a good one because I am no longer living with my parents. I love my parents, but it was rough living with them because they spend money like it grows on trees then they expected Randy and I to give them money all the time. It got to the point where we had so many arguments that it had stressed me out and had affected Randy's health. Now that we have a place of our own (we are renting, which I do not like, but it is better than living with my parents), but after 5 years we can buy the place. It is a trailer and the people in trailer park are really nice.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I don't like moving if possible. I only experience to move from different place when I was a kid. We have to moved back to my grandfather's hometown after his retirement where he work from the other island here in our country. That was exciting for me since I was just a kid. but now, I understand the hassles of moving from one place to another. I have it when we move to our newly built house that my husband bought. It takes me a month to put all things in its proper places and that was really tiring.