Has anyone tried discount buying services?

@sharksfin (1098)
They're mushrooming in the cyber world. I wonder if it's a lucrative business since many are starting up this kind of thing and it looks like people are into it. At least, here in my country. These discount buying sites offer almost everything from food&dining, spas, hotel accommodations, travel, and many others for big discounts. They're partnering with businesses that are trying to advertise their services or products. One of which is www.beeconomic.com.ph/. Another ones' Metrodeal. And one that I had tried so far is Ensogo. I got a 50% discount on an eat-all-you-can pasta at Paul Calvin's Deli! Not bad!
I'm paranoid about buying things online, so I've made some research first before I decided to try CashCashPinoy. I've read in a blog that the author thinks that CashCashPinoy is the best discount buying site she has joined so far as she hasn't encountered any problem with the site. I purchased the Tokyo Cafe voucher - 2 Japanese Fair Ju Box Meals for only P250 (the original price is P500). Not bad, eh? In fact, I just had my lunch there today! I also purchased a shoe rack that can hold 30 pairs of shoes for only about P399 (original price is P1000+). I haven't got the item yet. Delivery starts on July 27. I can't wait to get it. I've been searching for a nice inexpensive shoe rack since forever! I saw one that I like in the mall but it was too expensive. I agree that sometimes, discount/group buying sites can make some people spend more than they want to. It's hard to resist items when they're being sold half or one third the original price. But I try my best to buy only the items I need. I just wish that we have coupons here (the ones that you cut from newspapers) just like in the U.S. The concept of discount buying sites is risky because you pay for the item/services first before you can even get it. I prefer to see the items first before paying for it. Still, these are the only type of coupons we got here in our country.
@sharksfin (1098)
I know what you mean! Oh, and you really made use of those sites already! Cool. Tell me more of your experiences in the future, pls. I know that rack you're talking about. Made me interested for some time. But, eventually changed my mind. Tell me if it's worth the amount, ok?
Sure sharksfin!:) Well, I think the Tokyo Cafe meals are quite expensive without the promo, so I bought the voucher the moment I saw it on CashCashPinoy. My family had been there a few times already even before the promo, though I haven't tried the Fair Ju Box Meals yet. Seriousnuts complained that the rice serving is a bit too much. But it's not bad. I had really enjoyed my meal. We've spent only about 700 pesos for the entire family, which made me really happy because we always spend more than 1000 pesos when my family eats out. I always pay via bank deposit. How about you sharksfin? What are the other things you've bought from Groupon and Metrodeal?:)
@sharksfin (1098)
Not a lot, Cheerfulnuts. All I can remember so far are discount coupons to eat-all-you-can places like the Paul Calvin's Deli, a pizza place in Shangrila... am very hesitant to get anything that isn't food. Say, salon, spa, massage, and even those like what you purchased. But, am checking from time to time for whatever might interest me enough to avail the discount. I think it's pretty a big help to both the business and the consumer, though.
@doroffee (4233)
• Hungary
There are loads of them in my country. I think it's nice that we have them, but I never really vuy any of those services (fancy restaurant, spa, laser hair removal, paintball etc.) in the first plac,e because they are luxury and pretty expensive for my budget... and I found them even a bit too pricey with the discount, I'd rather spend my money on something that I'm needing or going to use.
@sharksfin (1098)
hmmm... am not sure, but I don't really find them pricey anymore. Like when an offer's like almost 75% off the original price. I have seen hair rebonding offered at less than $5. I think that's already a good deal. Maybe, it's also an issue of perspective. Like, it doesn't matter how cheap the offer is if it isn't your need or interest. Like the rebonding thing. Am not really interested but I just know they really offered it low. Still it does no good to me. haha Thanks Doroffee. You've been very responsive to my posts. ^_^