One Complaint

So, I have been a loyal member of mylot for a long time (5 o 6 years) and I really love the site, but there is one thing that I don't like. I don't like the fact that we can't get help from people on here via disussions for things like votes in a contest, or money for charity...I know at least a few people on here that I think would help me with something, and I have known mylot members to be very generous and willing to help others! Yet, due to the rules, anyone that needs help with something may be missing out on a lot of help (whether it be for votes or something else of that nature). What do you guys think?
@jaiho2009 (39013)
I understand about it but we must obey the rules. Before we signed up here, those rules are implemented before us. Besides, there is an advantage to it as well. We don't know whose going to abuse if we can openly ask help from other members especially when it comes to financial matters. As we know that there are some scammers who are coming around. I also hate it when my message is flooding with members who only join here for referral links- that won't help the site either.
@deodavid (4150)
Hey there lily, Well maybe rules are rules and besides i know that there are legitimate charity programs out there that are really asking for legit help but there are some that arent and maybe my-lot is protecting it self from being entered by possible scammers, well that is my take.
That's a good point but there is a way for users to figure out for themselves whether or not something is legitimate pretty easily. Like, if I were to ask for money for the animal rescue where I volunteer I could give them their website and they would see that it's real. And they could donate directly to the site with their donate button and they wouldn't have to worry about me taking the money for myself. And if someone were trying to scam others, there are easy ways to tell whether or not a charity is legitimate. You have a good point, but I'm still not happy! Haha
@rhodzptc (1319)
Yes deodavid is right, @LilyfoftheThorns you can just PM a friend of yours here in mylot if you wanted them to join your cause for the charity or even create it on your profile page in that case you are safe from the guidelines and rules.
You're right about messaging people personally, but I almost feel like that would annoy them. I would hate to do that! But I may have to give it a try because I'm a little desperate! I don't know how to add something like that to my profile page. There's no area for a bio or anything. Thank you!
@BabyCheetah (1913)
I kind of get why it is a rule that you can't because a lot of people can abuse this system and they don't just want people signing up and asking for charity and handouts and other things but it would be nice say for a photography contest where it is a popularity vote or something like that or if you want to mention a charity you love that you donate to that needs help etc. If they were going to allow something like this for long time users they could allow it say when someone has reached 1 or 2 years on MyLot. That way all those people wanting to create accounts just to do it can't. But it may never happen.
That time line thing is a good idea, they do it for other things on here (copy/pasting and adding photos to discussions). And maybe they could limit how many times you can post something like that....like 1 a month or every few months. Wish they would consider it! Haha
Yeah a limit would be good as well so just say you must be a MyLotter for 1 year and then you may post 2 a month. If people are genuine they will not even post this kind of stuff monthly it really would be a once in a while deal. But again it depends on how MyLot feel about this sort of thing. I guess feel free to contact them with your idea and how it would work and how we as a community can help eachother even more with certain things. As long as someone is sincere and I guess trustworthy people would love to help
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hey Lily... I think the votes/contests/polls idea is good... It can be helpful to those who require general populations' opinion... I have a feeling, it can be be misused by some too-smarts.. A user can not ask others to donate/help with money, obviously... You see the fraudsters will come here and spoil our site...
@carmelanirel (20979)
I see many people have explained about how this avoids spamming and how you can send a message to friends for help. But I'd like to tell you what I have a problem with and that is when someones account is banned, there is no clear cut reason why and they one banned must make another account in order to contact mylot to find the reason why because WE are not allowed to ask on behalf of our friends. I had a friend who was banned only because someone was trying to help by overusing the search bar. She got banned, had no idea why, (since she was doing the searching) and had to make a whole other account to find out why..
That's gotta be annoying! I hope I'm never banned! What happens to your currently earnings when you're banned? And can you get your old account back if you contact mylot and get the problem cleared up?
Your earnings disappear and as for getting it back, I am not sure, but I don't think you can, you'd have to start another..
@Graceekwenx (3163)
Hi Lily... I am also concerned about this too because we all need some kind of information here that happens to be considered as a mylot violation, like that of votes or preference, or with other statistics. I need those figures too but mylot wont allow me...