Really please!

So I just got off the phone with my sister and I am so ticked off at her I could scream. If she where here I would smack her. Her brother in law made a comment on her Facebook about a picture from her wedding. We, the wedding party, where all in it. Someone had made a comment about how each guy was matched well with the maids and my sister's brother in law made a comment about being stuck with the "fat one". I am over weight I know this but that is just rude. I made a comment back about how the most unforgiving people in our lives are the ones we call family, they are always the first to hurt a person. Well anyway he called my sister all upset. Didn't realize I would be offended and hurt. Really? Now she is mad at me for making him feel guilty! He only feels guilty becasue he knows he was being an A$$hole. Yet some how I am in the wrong for defending myself. I asked her why it didn't bother her that I was hurt by his comments. Her answer " you've always been fat your used to it". I was hoping to start the new week off in a better light but I think maybe it will just get worse...
That is so unbelievably rude. Just wait until one of them is no longer the perfect people they seem to think they are. I agree, your sister should be defending you. What, is she some sort of beauty queen? The absolute nerve. Yes I agree, family is usually the ones that hurt you the quickest, they know what buttons to push. And they know how far to stick the knife in because they know you so well. I would stop speaking to all of them until you get a heartfelt apology. Even if you do now you know how they feel.
That is the most awful thing I have heard all day! I am so sorry. That is so mean, I would be so hurt if that was said about me. Your sister should be understanding and she should definitely have defended you! That is just so horrible! My sister hurt me today too, wonder if it's a hurt sister day or something...
Really she only proved exactly what I said to him that family usually are the people who hurt you first and worse. I am sorry your sister wasn't nice to you either.
Give me her e-mail address and I'll rip her a new one. Give me his e-mail address and he'll be minus some man parts just from reading my e-mail. I don't curse, but if I did I'd be using some choice words right now. I can't even say how angry I am for you. He has some nerve, and your sister should be defending you. And I hope someone sticks something very sharp up both their butts.
Thank you... I needed that!
Seriously, I don't mind lowering myself to their level. I'll make up a temporary e-mail account just to chew them out.
lol... I will handle her when I see her. As for him.. well he is a rich kid raised with no real manners because everyone must bow down to them... unfortunately my sister has picked up this attitude.
I use to be fat like two years ago. I would not find anything nice abut what he said either. I think that is down right wrong to be said about a wedding picture and about his family of all people.
I thought so too. I have been slowly loosing weight for over a year now. Once I gave up on doctors helping me (I have medical condition that doesn't help me any on this) and went to some herbal cures I have been losing weight. By the time the picture was taken I had lost 20+ pounds ( I have lost a total of 46 as of now) and I was happy with how I was doing...
Good! I'm glad he does feel guilty and who cares what she thinks?! Didn't realize you would be affended and hurt? What planet does he live on? She's mad at you because he is on her now. You aren't in the wrong for ANYTHING!! This is just one more reason why I don't care to interact with people much anymore. They aren't just no dam.ned good. They are selfish and self serving and care about no one but themselves and what they can get out of a situation. I am certainly sorry your week was ruined by these two ingrates. Hope you can consider the source and move on.
I am trying. I just was having such a bad week to begin with that I just wasn't coping ell last night
Good! You don't need a bad week. And sounds like they were the last straw. Take care and thanks for the BR!
@SJ112760 (132)
Dear Opinionatedlady. Don't let what other's say about you defind who you are. Remember it's not what they call you it's what you answer to. You are who you are so don't worry about what he may have said. because he can't be perfect himself. you don't have to be skinny to be beautiful. keep your head up.
I can forget him. It stung I thought we where friends at least but it was her reaction that hurt worst. I mean she apparently thinks I have no right to be hurt becasue I have been fat my whole life. I wasn't really fat as a kid but my mother thought I was too big becasue I had broader shoulders then she did when young. SO years of her punishing me for it has left me a bit jaded and harden I know but to think I am not allowed or shouldn't have any feelings was just so wrong of her.
Woooow.... That was an a$$#0le move to make. Feel guilty for calling you fat, so he complains to your sister? Jeez. He OUGHT to feel bad. There was NO REASON to say anything like that. He could've come up with something a little nicer, like, "I wish the bridesmaid I was matched with had been a little thinner," or "She was a bit big..." but not flat out, "the FAT one." I just hope nothing like this comes out after my sister's wedding this October. I'll be just starting to lose a bunch of baby weight. (I'm due in September.) Also, I can't believe your sister would be rude enough to say that "you've always been fat." Now, I come from a large family (the thinnest of them, actually), but I make it a point NOT to point out how large people are. Especially to their faces. I've seen how it hurts people, and I didn't like even just HEARING about it. Hope your week does get better from here. That was a really crappy way to start it off. =(
I am one to beleive if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all. I too was losing baby fat and still am. I wish I could lose it as easily as his girlfriend did but not all of us can be back to a size 2 in a few months....wish I could though at times.
It sounds like this little brother-in-law of your sister's is a real prize of the smelly variety. There may be some reasons for the epic stink. He may be honestly bewildered by your hurt and anger. He could be that ignorant of how people react to what he says, saying what pops into his head at any given time. In this situation, it could be as simple as you and he don't match, the same way as a pair of pants and dinner jacket don't match. Autistic people can make such a tactless comment with out a clue. If he is just anti-fat, or a fat hater, he is probably an oinker.
No one in that family has any quoth. He comes by it naturally. Their father and step mother are the worst the things they say are just stupid sometimes and their children are/where being raised to be this way. One would think they might learn manners some where else but I guess I am mistaken.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
That was a very tacky thing for him to say. Your sister should have got on to him not u.I'm sure he thinks he's perfect.
He and his girlfriend do and it is funny because we see them in a total different light. They had a one night stand behind her husbands back. They had a child from this ..so hubby left. She lives with the BIL and is still married to the hubby because she will not grant him a divorce becasue that would be a bad example for her older kids. Neither of them have jobs at the moment and they have had to move several times in the last year because of it. Yet they look down their noses at us?
she your sister deserves a slap, no we heavy people never g et used to being insulted and its worst when family does this,its just damned mean.he knew better and hope he does feel g uilty.You were right to defend yourself and fat people shoulkd not have to'bve insulted. ever,.its m ean and nasty. your family is supposed to 'love you not insult nor make fun of you .I would e ven like to slap y our sister for you lol lol.
Thanks. Some how since she has been with this guy she has warped into an egotistical Brat. He comes from money and they seem to think nothing of other people. She is becoming this way. Today I wouldn't let my kids go with them to a baseball game (they had been begging not to go so I didn't feel bad about it) She wanted to know why and I said if they continued to behave so rudely my kids wouldn't be around them and neither would I. They don't need to be hurt by their carelessness anymore then I do. I am sure at some point they would say something not thinking and hurt the girls, certain of it really.