Would ou forgive a person who stole from you...

Say they went in to use the bathroom and later you found your money missing. they were the only one you had in your home that day. I can't imagine someone I let in would take anything from me. I only have a limited amount of traffic here. It would break my heart and I would never tell them I know what they did. I would never want them to lie to me. so,they would never be allowed in my home again.. what would you do?
@laydee (12814)
Nobody would admit to stealing. I don't think I could do anything more but to keep them out of my property and make sure that I keep everything valuable when they're with me. It's difficult to think of such for friends - I'm thinking they're someone close to you since you let them in your place. But I think that's lesson learned. As for me, I never trust people when it comes to money and stuff. I always make sure that I keep money safely tucked in where nobody knows before I let anyone inside my room or my home. I will not just put it anywhere because it would be something that anyone would be tempted to take. Perhaps you need to store your valuables in a safer place - even for your family members. My mom would nag my head off whenever she sees that I just put my jewelry or money anywhere - even inside my own room. She tells me that it's tempting everyone else and if I didn't want to lose friends, I better keep the temptations away. So I am now accustomed to keep everything in a safe locked place so it would be not be a temptation to anyone who enters my room. Further, my room and bathroom is not to be entered by anyone other than me and my family. There's a guest room where guests are supposed to be and a bathroom for guests to use. Have a great MyLot experience ahead!
I never felt the need to hide anything of mine. If I could not trust them they would not enter my house. I have my cash on my coffee table and my debit card also sits out on the couch or table. I have only been taken once and he went in my bedroom and dug through my jewelry box to pawn my chain.
@laydee (12814)
The mere fact that he dug through your jewelry box shows that he is truly someone you shouldn't allow back to your home. That type of person should be charged and not tolerated. It's disrespectful enough to go to a person's bedroom yet alone dig through stuff that isn't yours. Whew!
@Raine38 (9117)
They say that the brother of a thief is a liar. Or something to that effect; they're just related. So yeah, nobody will own up that they're the ones who took your money. If I were in your situation, I think I will ask the person if he/she has seen my wallet or billfold or whatever. Of course it will be denied. Then i will try to say that that's the place where I put it last, and he/she is the only one who went in there so maybe he/she has seen it. At this point, I'm sure it will be denied even more, or even be a bit mad for even suggesting that they took it. Lastly, I will try to put the guilt trip like, it is my last money and that is for my medication which i need to take in the next hour. I'm so worried because I have no more money for that and my life depends on it. But of course this is no fool-proof that they will admit to it or that your money will be even returned to you. But for me, it is enough for them to carry in their conscience that they have wronged someone deeply. Next time, I will be more careful with my stuff, but it does seem off that you have to be on your guard right within the confines of your own home, which should be a safe haven for us. And it's also right that these people will no longer be allowed entry inside and definitely no more permission to use the bathroom.
I am so happy this never happened to me as well. I don't know ow to confront people who lie,cheat and steal without anger. I was robbed once from my ex and he lied even though his friend told me and begged me to keep him secret..
@jureathome (5363)
I had my share of those experiences. And, well, I may forgive, but I would never forget that they are not trustworthy and as much as possible, stay away from them. I once had a cousin who is very notorious, and he sneaked in our house and stole my mother's jewelry. After that, he can't be found. Until, after more than 20 years, we met again in my grandfather's burial, and I didn't feel anymore angst against him..but I could still remember what he did. I also had a maid before who denied stealing things from us, and then one day I sneak in to her room and check her bag and saw the items I was looking for. On that very day, I got rid of her. But, of course, I no longer hate her or despise her but I will never let her in the house again.
Those were terrible situations to be in. I would have let both of them out of my life. the maid would feel shame because without her knowing I would have taken back my stolen property.
There have been very few things that have happened in my life that I haven't been able to forgive a person about. However, I know that it is impossible to forget the wrongs that were done to you. With that said, there was a girl that stole quite a bit of money from us and when she did that, I put her out of my house and I have not spoken to her again since then. I'm still mad about the fact that she betrayed me, but I also realize that she had a problem. However, I will never ever be able to forget the fact that she did that to us.
@asliah (11149)
hi, now a days we cant trust people anymore,crime is really increasing now,if that will happen to me of course i will feel angry to that person,actually it happened to me but not to use the comfort room but to drink water so when i gave him and i need to turned back to get water and when i faced him i dont know what he took until my brother looked for his mobile phone.
@CTHanum (8254)
I will get mad but I will forgive them eventually. I don't like dishonest person. What's worst is it will hurt me more when they said that they did not do it and keep deny it. I will asked them to tell the truth and then forgive them but they should do the same thing again in the future.
No way!! A person who steals from me has lost my trust for good. I don't care if they're someone I only know a little, or a member of my family. you steal from me, and youare out of my life forever!! There is absolutely no excuse for that.
@winterose (39918)
I don't tolerate stealing, that is no friend, and nobody I want to be around.
@ranger07 (555)
I would not let them back in my home either and I would soon let them know that I know what they did to me.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
well to be honest, it I KNEW for a fact that they took the money I would defiantely approach them immediately..You know me.. There would be no way I could not say anything to them because they now need to know why I am avoiding or treating them in a different way,,I want them to know I know what they did....
@subhojit10 (7384)
Of course it would be very hard to forgive and let go the person who had stolen some precious stuffs from you. But if you can afford one such lost item or if you can retrieve that stolen item from him then it is advisable to forgive that person and ask him not to repeat such mistakes in his life.
@Paper_Doll (2376)
Hi, I would like to know first his intentions or what made the person steal from me and it would also depend on the value of the item. If the item is of high value, and my life was so much affected by his actions, I would probably require something from him. Forgiving would take sometime I guess. But if it is just a matter of 50 pesos, or a piece of chocolate, I don't think that I would take that personally like what most supermarkets do with their employees. I think that they should know first the intention before bringing someone to the police station. I find it hard to believe that they would let a person be imprisoned by just eating a small piece of chocolate. But it really happened. I would like to share my experience about this. Years back, I was living in an apartment with my colleague. I was so sure that I place my wallet inside my bad that night before going to sleep. But when we're about to go to work the next morning, I can't seem to find my wallet in my bag. We are the only person living in that place and so I can't think of any person who can take it. But I did not talk and tell her what has happened. Until the weekend came and I decided to wash my bag. I took everything out of my bag and wash it. While I was washing it, I felt that something is still inside it. That is when I learned that my bag's pocket was already damaged and my wallet went straight inside of the leather so I was not able to find it. Good thing I decided to keep my silence.