I am glad to not be near a beach these days..........................

I heard just the other day about another shark attack. I would not ever want to see one let alone get attacked by one. I don't know what happened to the person but I sure feel sorry for them and their loved ones. I know many people who go deep in the ocean when they swim. that is just crazy now a days.. Letting kids go far is just out of this world crazy. I would not let my grown child to go deep in the water. that wuld send me to the hospital alone the stress would be too much for me to handle. thinking about what could happen and I could not save her. When we lived in Miami and she followed her friends and jumped in the water that I saw an alligator in I was going crazy out there. I was too scared to go in and get her and the police had to come to make them get out. everyone had saw an alligator and that other big thing and she still went in. oh it was a manatee.
those who end up being attack are the tourist. most locals are spare with this attracts, why? because they know the area. they know what animals live in the area and they know where they are breeding and living. the most dangerous place is the breeding grounds of these animals, it's where they all gather. just a little advice to people who love to travel... before you venture out in the wild please ask local guides or hire one. they know where is safe to deep and not. they know the animals that is living around the areas. i am a macro photographer and i mostly go out in the wild to take photographs of insects and different bugs. i never went out alone to an alien area (for me). i always go with a group with a local guide with us. it's better safe than sorry. so you don't need to be like gone crazy with safety all it takes is a little research so you will have an over view of the place you visited. you don't have to scarifies fun for over worrying yourself with safety.
I take meds every day for my nerves. there is no way I am going in any beach anytime soon. thanks for the advice and the info. it will help save a life.
@asliah (11149)
hi, actually i am afraid to live near in the beach though sometimes is good and adventure to me,but my mind always think what if there are some typhoon and earthquake for sure it can be destroy my house and my life could be in danger too.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Living in Puerto Rico I'm surrounded by beaches all over. However, I'm like you I will not go deep into the water. First of all I can't swim and am deadly afraid of what might be in the water. When I go to the beach and see people of all ages far away in the water it scares me. I tend to just stay close enough to the shore that if anything was to happen I could get out fast enough. My kids and my grandkids are coming in November to visit and I'm already nervous about going to the beach with them. I feel you need to have extra eyes to watch over everyone.
We live in Kentucky, so we are at least ten hours away from the nearest beach and that is actually something that makes me quite sad because I love to be near the water. With that said, I have been to the beach several times in my life and I have never seen a shark at any of the beaches that I've been to. The closest was when I was a little girl and we were at Virginia Beach and there were dolphins swimming out in the water and I thought they were sharks.
@winterose (39922)
well she is grown up so you can't stop her now, she will do what she wants. I am not afraid of the water, I just go to places that are safe, well at least I did when I went to the beach. I haven't in years.