Act like a woman but think like a man......................................

What do you think about when you hear this being said... I would like to know how can I think like a man when half the time men don't know what they are doing. I just wonder if I will ever get the real meaning of this. I like how it sounds and all but I am still kind of confused with it. what about you..
@asliah (11149)
hi, if i will heard that in the first thing i could think that person is gay or maybe a lesbian,i am really confuse to that when i heard that from you,because even me i am a transgender now but i still think in a way of girl and i act like a woman too.very confusing.
@CTHanum (8254)
The phrase does not mean that we need to think like a man all the time. Just in some situation when strong and logic solutions needed. For me it just shows that we need to understand each other the same goes to man. They should think like how woman did so they will more understand us.(^^)
@jricky1 (6809)
I never heard of that and i'm afraid that i finaly be the man that i wanted coz i'm a girl and i do not want myself to be that strong in mind.I have man to rely on and it's perfect for my life.
This is actually the first time that I've ever heard this saying, so I honestly don't now anything about the saying. With that said, I think that men and women are very different creatures and there is no way that a man can ever act or think like a woman and there is no way that a woman can ever act or think like a man. Though there are some women that are more masculine than others, but I still don't think that the thoughts and behaviors of men and women can be interchanged.
That dowsnt make sense to me either. As far as I am concerned, act like a human, think like a human, be human. Gender stereotypes belong in the gutter.
@suzzy3 (8365)
I think it is just something to say.My man takes days to make a descision and longer to think about things.If I thought like a man nothing would get done.
@winterose (39922)
act like a woman, meaning be nurturing and loving, think like a man meaning be strong and logical
@simonelee (2718)
When it comes to decision making women often use their emotions rather than their cognitive thinking. Traditionally, many of the cultures around the world have been patriarchal, led and run by men.
@ranger07 (555)
I am confused about it also. Women should be able to think like a woman and men can think like they do as well unless they are trying to put themselves in another persons shoes.
@sid556 (31006)
It sounds to me like a saying from pre-women's lib days or maybe part of the woman's lib movement?? Not sure but that's what it sounds like to me. Back in the day when they were trying to get women to be more assertive and less subservant.
I don't think it is possible to really think like a man Gifts. We are women. Our minds are wired differently than men's minds.. that's why that book "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" is so popular still after all these years. Men think completely differently than women.. they just don't get things sometimes. You can't hint around.. you have to tell them step by step what to do.. even in the bedroom sometimes.. because they don't have a clue.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I've always thought his to mean to think with your head, not with your heart. I don't think that is the wisest choice in every situation though. There are times when emotions are important.
@arizen (152)
At first encounter with that phrase, people, especially feminists, will think that the phrase is biased. However, upon pondering the phrase, I have come to the conclusion that the phrase does not imply that women are dumb. And it does not imply too that men are intellectually superior. I think the core of this statement is the fact the women are more emotional than men. When a woman decides, it is more often than not that they let their emotions get in the way. In comparison, men are more objective and frank when deciding. Thus, women act with compassion in comparison to men who can act implusively, and sometimes, harshly.