How can i lock this mouse thing on my computer..

I keep rubbing my thumb against the key pad and my mouse keeps moving and messing up whatI am writing. Idon't know if this can lock or not but if it can please tell me how to do it. thanks very much..
@inertia4 (27605)
How can your mouse move if you are rubbing the keypad? The mouse is not on the keypad. Maybe you're knocking into the mouse when you type. Other then that it should not move.
I am using a laptop andmy finger keeps hitting the pad. can you help me please. thanks
@inertia4 (27605)
Well, sorry, I don't own a laptop. I am not sure how to help you with this since I do not have a laptop.
@stealthy (8188)
When I installed an external, wireless mouse, on my laptop, I thought it disabled the built in pad but I could be remembering wrong since I haven't used it in a very long time. In some of your responses it sounded like you had an external mouse which when connected should disable the built in mouse pad. If that is not the case or you don't have an external mouse, then a really crude thing you might could try would be to tape a thick piece of cardboard cut to cover a little more than the mouse pad over it with a folded tape tab on one side or somewhere so that it would be easy to lift the cardboard up when you do want to use the mouse pad. You probably would want to use some tape that can be easily removed from the laptop surface without leaving a mess behind. This is something you would want to try cautiously.
This is what I just might have to do. Because it keeps messing up my work. I have goo gone to remove theglue if need be. but,i never use this pad. thanks
If you lock it, it won't work without a mouse. You have to be careful not to touch it when typing. Mine jumps sometimes but not often anymore.
canyou help me lock it please.I want to use my hand mouse.
@sedel1027 (17855)
On my laptop top you hold down Fn (right next to the windows key) and F1
that turned off my computer..
@sedel1027 (17855)
If you look at the F keys, there should be images on the keys. You need to find the one that looks like a finger on the pad. That's the easiest way to turn it off. There is also an option in setting for the touch pad to not turn on if a mouse is connected.
my f key has a z on it and the f1 on the top.there is no finger anywhere. thanks
You know, I honestly don't know if this is something that can be done. I know that when I am using my laptop, the touch pad on there is something that really does drive me nuts. I will bump it and it will change where my cursor is when I am typing a response to a discussion or whatever else I am typing on. I thought that if I used an external mouse that it would turn off the touch pad, but it actually turns out that is not the case at all.
@dismalgrin (2470)
If you are describing what it sounds like... it's just a matter of practice. When I first bought my laptop I was forever accidently delelting everything I wrote. I had to work very hard to keep proper form when typing because I was so used to typing lazy with my hands resting on the keys instead of my fingertips. As you get used to it, this won't happen as much anymore. And in the mean time copy the advice my typing teacher told me. Save as often as you don't want to have to retype... in other words... save often!
@ranger07 (555)
I am not sure how to make it lock. Maybe you can disable one or the other while using the other one?