Should I apply for the jobs?

@911Ricki (13602)
This vet office is currently hiring, it;s actually a few spots down from my current job. We are still unsure if we will be out of work in August. I dont want to wait to find out, as none of my jobs I cant collect unemployment so if Im not working I dont have money (I dont have the lxury like most do - we fork out the same amount of taxes but dont get the same treatment from the government or company they basically file us under self employment). I dont technically have a lot of experience with animals or in those settings. I have my own animals, and petsit, always been around animals. I want to save up enough money to go back for these type of positions. Its a full time position certain days, it just experience perferred (not necessary).
If you can get a discount on bring your pets to the vet I would apply. You spendfar too much money in the vets office. It would be great if you can save some money and earn at the same time.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I was thinking that same thing, she should be able to get a discount. Not to mention learn some things about illnesses the cats get and how to treat them so maybe she doesn't necessarily need to go to the vet's with them.
That would be my main reason for working there. I like that idea so much. that fee she is paying is crazy.. I can't imagine doing that but living at home with her parents makes it that much easier. even though she pays rent. I can't imagine it being whatshe would payfor her own place with all the other bills that go with living on your own.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Go for it - your one boss is willing to flex your time and this one is likely to be a steadier source of income....
@911Ricki (13602)
I am going to update my resume and cover letter give it a shot. It's in a small town so they may not get many applying.
@ElicBxn (60884)
If you do not try, you will never know. The jobs might hire you and then you will get more experience.
@natliegleb (5184)
of course if you like animals and feel that job would satisfy your lifestyle and desire to go with it and along with having healthy and passionate interest towards the job.dont ever give it a second thought.just blindly go for it and take a good and well organized resume also to appeal to the client.the experience also matters here a lot
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I would say call and ask the requirements for a job like that. I'd apply anyway, it'd be a great little thing to have on a resume along with the schooling you'll be going for when you have the chance.