I bought all the door for the old apartment.

I feel so much better now that is is over.I just have to get the wall fixed. I bought thesheet rock yesterday. I left the reciept on the fridge is he pays it sine is not so what. I will go there mondayto pack everything and leave again. This is the first time I ever hadto repair damage to an apartment. I will call my landlord and let him know about it to.
I thought you would feel better just getting the door done. I bet the landlord will be glad to have it all done too. And your daughter can either pay you back or not. And she will either chose to be responsible, do what is right, and reinburse you or she can be a irresponsible, immature daughter and continue to blow her money and it is all gone and a third of is sitting in aroom some where that someone else has to take care of. And you can either make her accountable or let her continue to be this way. It is all up to you and how you choose to handle it.
If she does not pay me back I will not say anything about it. she will not be allowed to come to my new house.
I think that is fair with her history. You never know what could happen.
@ranger07 (555)
Yeah. I have never had to do repairs either. I always took care of the place and took pictures when I moved in and out.
That feels good I am sure because leaving it in good shape makes me feel good.
It is best just too pay for the damage before you leave that way you can just be done with it and then as long as there isn't any other damage to the place you can get your deposit back and enjoy it to use in your new apartment. He is probably just ensuring himself that you don't leave the place too damaged that your deposit doesn't cover it.
Plus he was a good landlord to me so it would be terrible to treat him that way.
@dismalgrin (2594)
Glad you were able to get the doors fixed. Hope the wall situation works out for you. I don't think I've ever had a place that didn't end up with some sort of damage or another. I've always dreamed of getting a deposit back.
The deposit will bereturned to whom ever paid it because,I am replacing everything.
@dismalgrin (2594)
You are lucky that this is the only time you've had to repair damage. I've always had some sort of damage done to every place I've lived, even the place I live in now has got some damage to it already. But, it's good that you were able to fix what you were able to fix. And I hope the landlord is understanding about the rest that needs fixed.
That is how I find it tobe as well.I am not going to stress it right now.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
well good for you..I am sure its a weight off your shoulders. and just to think even now your daughter is still causing you money...But at this stage of the game, just to and thank God you were able to mustard up the money to purchase them... Now I know your daughte did a lot of damage to the apartment but I can't believe he is asking you to buy new doors to replace doors that have been there since the building was established over 20 years ago...
That is not the only thing. he knows two of those doors already had holes in them when I moved in. but,because I could not show proof I left it alone. but she did the other holes in the door.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Say what now??? No, it's supposed to go that if there is any damage you don't get your deposit back! What the holy heck? I'd be mad. It's good your getting out of that place then!
He knows that as well as I do. but,being he could cause me tolose my section 8. I chose to replace the doors and leave his place. I am not mad either it is justthat adrain is upset that makes mea tad bit sad. but,wetookthe doors inthe house,I cleaned up all that girls mess and left out.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, if you didnt repair it yourself then they would charge you twice as much for them to fix it. Many leases say this, which is why whenever I rented I was always so careful, almost paranoid, as I didnt want to spend the extra money.