He wants to know when he will get the keys..

Now, he sounds like a fool. he wants to know when I plan on giving him my house keys I said you will get them on the 30th. He owns the house he knows the move out date is the 30th. even if I move out before that I will be meeting him on the 30th to hand him the keys. he can at least give me time to clean up the place unless he would rather do it. I told him about the doors and nowhewants them painted. Iam not painting anything. he has a security deposit he can paint them hisself. two of thosedoord had holes in them when I moved in and he had the nerve to ask me to replace them. well,that is all I plan to do..
@Ramaditya (1227)
So why should you wait that long to give him the key? That will be easier if you ask him to deal with everything, right?
I want to clean the house and leave it the way I moved in. if he rushed meI would leave him a mess to clean up. like boxes and stuff Idon't plan on taking with me.
I'll be glad when this chapter of your life is over. He has probably firgotten he had holes in the doors before. When you move I would take pictures of every room in the house so that the nw landlord can't pull the same thing.
I was just thinking about you. I will be glad as well and in the new place everything is perfect. I plan on buying a disposable camera before I move in.
If you are paid through the end of the month he should be glad he will get them before the 31st. I think you should take pictures in your new house when you move in, or before hand, so that you will be able to prove the condition when you move out. If the doors had holes in them to begin with, then he should not have made you replace them.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Gerty that an excellent idea..I hope she does that because to have her purchase new doors is absolutly crazy, those doors were over 20 year old, but had she taken pictures when she move in, it would have saved her some money.. So going into the new place and taking pictures is a great Idea,,,
I have read from you that your landlord is an a$$hole. If you are renting now again, I suggest you take some pictures of the flaws the house has from the beginning. This will help you fight even a legal battle to get your deposit. The other important thing is to have a written contract with the date.
@911Ricki (13602)
The inspection before you move in should all be on file, and written out. I wouldnt waste my money on it, but Im sure he will try to find a way for you to fix it. I wouldnt paint them, or get old old paint and do it. I know in college one landlord told us to repaint each of our rooms, so I got paint from my Dad from when they moved in their house 30 years ago, and did it myself (I know I cant paint perfectly and professionally). Never got a word said to me, and never got money from my security taken off. He just had to repaint it all over again.
@winterose (39918)
wow that is something. Did you tell him he had a security deposit. Why did that not pay for the doors?
@suzzy3 (8357)
I take it you are talking about your landlord.Hang on to your money if the stuff was like that when you moved in ,it is down to your landlord.He cannot have the key till the right day.What's wrong with him.
@ranger07 (555)
I know exactly what you mean. I would not do it either if that was not the deal.
You have for as long as you are paid up, and you don't have to return the keys any earlier than that. He sounds like one that you will have trouble with even after you move. He will keep the security deposit, but he may also try to bill you for other things. We had that problem with a complex, and someone I know had the same problem with a different complex in a different state. Take photos of the state of the place when you move out. Then, if he does try to claim that he had to spend money repairing things, you will have some evidence to show that he is lying. I am looking forward to the day when I am no longer dealing with landlords. They are almost invariably a huge pain in my a**.
If you are not on a lease than you are month to month and that means that you have till the last day of the month to get your things and your family out. But I am not sure if I would leave the place for him to clean especially after all the trouble you seem to have with him. I know he has your deposit but he could try to inflate the damages past the cost of your deposit and then try to sue you for more. It will be hard to prove damages when you moved in as well unless you have photos...the smart thing to do with this new apt is to take pictures of any damages you may see if there is any before you move in that way if you go to move out and this new landlord isn't good than you at least have proof of any damages.
I hope things get better for you. I have the same kind of landlord, maybe worse. But I took pictures of ALL of the damage here before we moved in. Then I emailed them to myself so there is a date for proof! I know how my slumlord is so I was NOT taking any chances!! This way when we go to court, which I am pretty sure we will I have proof of what this place looked like before we got here. I have before and after shots. It looks 1,000 times better now than when we first saw it! I hope the rest of the month goes more smoothly for you.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Your landlord is awfully pushy I've never had someone act like that when we were moving out. I wouldn't be fixing anything in the apartment. That is what the deposit is for. You better make sure when you move out that he complies and gives you money back and/or a list of things that were repaired with the money.