It was nice seeing her again.

I know this lady who worked at social security in my old town. they moved her to the local office where I need to go to. I went there yesterday and saw her and she was like hi skinny minny.. I smiled and she was telling me how great I look. she knew me when I was big. pLus,she was one of my koolaid bag customers. she was so happy to see me. we talked about her still using her koolaid wallet. I told her I was moving and had a few bags she could give to her family. she was so quick to respond and was like no,I am going to use them myself. so,I will be saving her two bags to enjoy. I was thinking of learning how to make fabric bags when I move. I have enough space to put up a yard table and start sewing. I just can't figure out how to read and use those patterns.
@CTHanum (8254)
There are few videos and tutorial online on how to make it. You can check those on websites on the internet.Perhaps Youtube will be the great source to learn such skill. I am not good in sewing but learning it must be fun!(^^)
@911Ricki (13602)
That was nice of her, and glad you saw her to catch up with everything. I really dont know how to read the patterns but check YouTube they may be videos on instructions. My Grandma nad sister sew not as much any more. But when my Grandma gets bored we say we want socks, or sweaters and she will knit or sew them up for us. I think it would be a good way to earn money but it can be very pricey.
@winterose (39918)
wow that is great that she remembers you.
@suzzy3 (8362)
I take it you must have lost a lot of weight good for you.Koolaid bags must be something like avon that you sold.I would always wanted to make stuff but never got around to it
I think if you were able to make bags from kool aid packs than you can surely make fabrics bags. I have made a few myself and if you know how to use a sewing machine the rest is fairly simple. Plus there are so many videos and tutorials online now a days it will be even easier to learn how to do them.
I think that you would do a good job with fabric bags, and I think that they would sell fairly well. If you want to brush up on your sewing skills, there may be a place in your area that offers sewing classes. I know that is something that I want to do once I get more settled, since I really haven't done any sewing beyond simple repairs by hand since high school home ec. Now, I am in the mood to expand my domestic skills to include being good at sewing. Well, hopefully good...
@ranger07 (555)
That is great. Glad you got to see her again and she complimented you too.
Youtube has videos to watch if the directions are difficult to read that's what I do This is the one I watched with my 11 year old and she has been making them left and right. Very easy. She loves to sew. I made one with quilt blocks for my husbands grandmother, I wish I had a picture of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESKAR8HpD8&feature=related
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I say go for it. You can make any kind of bag you want and they would really sell I bet. You may even be able to find a yard table or make one yourself at a good price. I've seen quilting things and so want to learn, it'd be really fun to make my own quilt.