understanding a vocabulary

@missjahn (4578)
when i start reading so to improve this skill and so that i can know words in english, i read an english novel. there are words in there that not easy to understand. so i prepared a dictionary, jotted the important words and getting the meaning of it. that time i can understand the meaning of a certain sentence, what it is trying to emphasize and its thought. its not an easy task more if the novel is thick and the letters are so small. but this is the way i want to learn. this scheme, teaches me how to learn and understand the story. its not only novel i read, but also, magazines, books, reader's digest and any material for reading. try it guys so to broadened your knowledge.
Yes when you read a English novel especially the traditional English novel will has many uncommon words and long sentences which are to understand. So I think we should read the more easy material first such as the reader digest and enlarge our vocabulary first then we can read English novel more easily,step by step I think we could enlarge our vocabulary one day.
@missjahn (4578)
yes, right at that. you can not have what you want in one day time so as to learn what you want to learn. u need to study and be systematic upon doing it or having your own style on learning which you may acquire so that the retention you need is strong for future usages. well thanks for posting back it here. good day
@jaiho2009 (39019)
@ sky, Yes, traditional English or the old English. Book of Harry Potter have lots of it.. :)
@jaiho2009 (39019)
Reading is beneficial in building our vocabulary. I subscribes with NatGeo mags because my kids loves reading it too.
@missjahn (4578)
yes, agree with you. you can learn vocabularies throughout reading. not that also, in reading, you will learn lots of things. it will help you to succeed in life because of the information being listed in there. thanks jaiho