have you ever whipped egg whites BY HAND?

@jazel_juan (15767)
Yesterday afternoon i feel like eating some meringue and some leche flan ( creme brulee) so i got up, made the leche flan first as it was easier. Then while it was cooking, the remaining egg whites are good for making some meringue pies! So ok, that is easy too... but well, i was looking for our mixer when i could find even find it! so want to make meringue, so i thought of beating it by hand as my mom said it can be done by hand..but i had to be faster. So ok i whipped it by hand and i tell you it was TIRING! lol.. and when it started to double i know i had to do it faster and in constant motion to develop those peaks... but my hand got tired! so i stopped and it collapsed! my mom said that would happen if i do not continue well there was no other thing to do for it as it wont rise again. So what i did was fry it. lol it still made fluffy scrambled egg whites. lol.
@aejey322 (1006)
I did not know it is possible... you need to have speed to make the egg whites develop peaks. I even failed even though I'm using an electric mixer, just because I stopped when I already saw some bubble peaks. And when I stopped, it slowly collapsed... At least you tasted something new... fluffy scrambled egg whites. :)
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes just fried it so it wont go to waste! lol it was a bit sweet as i was able to put some sugar already into it, it was a sweet one lol..
@jazel_juan (15767)
i saw that commercial and i do not think i will try it as i know mayo is a bit sour. so that wil make the eggs sour too right?
@aejey322 (1006)
right! I can't imagine how the egg would taste.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
Wow..leche flan I prepare lechen flan with the egg whites with the same process how leche flan without egg white is prepared.
@jazel_juan (15767)
I usually include the egg whites as i find it a waste not to use it, it was just yesterday as i am always trying to perfect it as i want it to be really really really creamy..
I have mixed various things by hand. It does give one quite the workout, doesn't it? I find that it usually is a bit more of a workout than I want when I am cooking. Using a mixer is so much better. Once I finally have the place I want, I think that I am going to invest in a very good stand mixer.
@jazel_juan (15767)
Oh yes i was thinking of that too, i so want to have a good stand mixer and to be able to bake using those too.. i could do a lot!
@ranger07 (555)
LOL. Yes. I have done those by hand before and yes it does make your hand and arm tired.
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes so was it successful for you? for mine was a flop lol