Don't you just hate it when someone clips their nails on your sofa?

@Raine38 (8909)
I sure do! Okay, here's the skinny. When I stepped out yesterday afternoon to get something from the convenience store, I saw my cousin's car parked outside my gate. I hurried to get inside because i know that he just arrived from abroad and that's when I learned that he brought his gf with him. Which is fine with me, I swear I have nothing against her. But I do not like her that much either. Just so-so. So anyway, after the usual chats and eating snacks and while everyone just decided to surf the net or watch TV, his gf suddenly took her nail clipper from her bag and started clipping her nails! I was like, seriously?! So I cant help but just ask her "Are you really going to clip your nails there?" She took a paper napkin off the tray of our snacks, spread it on her lap and proceeded to her continue her nail clipping. I was so furious, and I dont know, I was so upset I cant say anything. When they turned to leave I just ignored her and I swear until now I'm still a bit pissed! She could have just stepped outside or use the common bathroom or...just not there! Oooohhh!
@phoenix35 (386)
Hi there Raine, that was really gross. Especially, with nails owned by other people. I mean, I do my nail clipping everywhere, even in my bed and my husband would scold me. Then, I'd tell him I'll clean it up don't worry. I will do it or forgot it. The thing is, it's still my bed. So, I am really gross too lol. But, I do it on my house. If I'm in anyone's house, I'll look for the waste basket and do my thing straight to it. Aw, I can understand your feelings, I'll be upset to. And, definitely I'll give her a broom after she's done with her nails ... with a smile.
@Raine38 (8909)
Hey phoenix, I say its your house, you rule lol! I wish I could do that to her. But she has deluded herself into thinking that she's a rich man's kid and all that and she's too good for anything she says so. But then that's for another discussion haha!
Just try to give her a broom next time ... with a wink and a smile, she'll get the idea. And that won't be a mean action since it will seem like you are kidding yet serious lol... If she won't clean it, at least you told her in a nice way that it's not OK that she is being disgusting at your sofa he he
@wolfie34 (26881)
Ewww that to me is totally gross! My housemate used to do this all the time, no matter how many times I would complain about it they still ignored me. What if we had guests coming, I would be mortified if they sat on the sofa and found toe clippings. Mind you my housemate wasn't housetrained. I wish I knew that before I moved in with them. They had other horrid habits too. Some people just have no cares. I can fully understand why you were so pi**ed about it.
@Raine38 (8909)
Thanks wolfie, you made me feel that I'm not the only one haha! I mean, she uses her nails to scratch her head or herself right? (All of us, actually) And there are some unseen particles there so...And it's the sofa, we don't want something "pinching" our butts, for me it's like climbing onto your bed, lying down and there's a little piece of sand on it, it's just plain uncomfortable.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
She has not spoiled your sofa or carpet.She used tissues to gather the nails. Moreover she has not asked for your nail clipper too. I don't find any wrong act in it. Yes she should have taken your permission before doing so. But since she is gf of your cousin who has brought her to your residence, she must have considered you as her close.That is ok. But otherwise i don't think any odd in it.
@Daisy_22 (1230)
Forgive me when I say she so uncivilized person.She should know what she's doing is also appropriate for the place where she is in.Imagine snack bar and then you're cutting your nails, oh common...I even got pissed off those girls combing their hair how much more clipping up their nails. That worst.So lesson that we should learned. We need to always try to be careful with our actions.Acting properly is very important.
Wow she must be very rude or ignorant to do that. When I cut my nails I do it in the bathroom. If I am cutting my toenails then I either do it over the open toilet or on the floor and sweep the nails up and throw them in the garbage. If I cut my fingernails I do it over the bathroom sink and then rinse the nails down the drain. If I went to soneone elses home I surely wouldnt cut my nails on their couch and gross them out.
@Raine38 (8909)
My point exactly, nail clippings are considered body wastes, well, maybe not as gross as the others but still it was clipped off for hygienic purposes. Why on earth would she do that on my sofa, in the living room, where everyone hangs out including my kid brother and sister? We also sometimes have relatives with babies over and those babies crawl all over the place. Thanks for making me feel that I'm not the only one grossed out with it. =)
I see where you are coming from, i would never clip my nails on someone else's sofa. i think it would be awkward for one but, 2 its not very respectful.
Well, I may say it is not proper to do self-care from one place to another, especially if it not their own territory. I mean, they can have those things within their own spot at home. If you do, then the big question is, "Where is your etiquette?.