It was smelling so bad, that I didn't want even to get closer to the kitchen

@Suggar (3612)
Bulgaria
Yesterday I cooked white beans. Because we don't have fridge, I left the pot with small leftover over the stove. This morning it was smelling so so bad that I can't describe. I don't have the habit to wash dishes right after a meal, I leave them that way til next day. So all of the kitchen was smelling terrible, because of the dirty beans dishes and because of the pot. Any other leftovers smelling so bad for you? The lens is also a thing which is not cool for eating next day after the pot spent all night over the stove.
I cook, and the boyfriend generally does the dishes each night before we go to bed. Any leftovers get packed up, usually in Pyrex bowls, and placed in the fridge shortly after the meal. Usually, the only thing that may be left over in the morning is a piece of cast iron cookware, since I'm the one who handles that stuff, or some dish left to soak in the sink due to my boyfriend thinking that the stuff was too stuck on to easily remove.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
It was the same with us when we were having a fridge. I am happy that someone else do the dishes, I am doing it myself.
It took us a little while to reach that arrangement. However, I like this arrangement. It can stand until we have children; then, we can put them to work on the dishes.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
It is really great. My boyfriend offers me help, but I always have to point what I want from him, which makes me feel like I am his mom and have to walk after him and tell him - do this, do that. It makes it annoying for me.
I hope sometime soon you will be able to get a fridge in your place. You will be wasting a whole lot of food.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
True, I cook only for both of us, still small amounts, but my boyfriend is willing to eat meat much more than everything. So if it's meat - we never would leave it that way, but when it's other meals one small plate still get lost til the other day.
@CTHanum (8254)
You better get a fridge, sis. I have an experience live without fridge and it's pretty hard-actually very hard to keep the ingredients fresh..If I leave the plates and all that til the next day, I will surely get scold by the other family members~(^^)
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Oh, I never allow this hun. Lately he started complaining about being dirty, when the pup has cut a sheet of paper or whatever. Well I say "if you saw it, why you didn't do something about it?" It drives me nuts how it is expected from me I to do everything. Laundry, cleaning, cooking, shopping, like I am a sunshine and can do the bigger part of the bills too at the same time to serve as a maidservant. For the fridge you are very right. I can't shop anything which will stay longer than a day when we have to eat it.
@CTHanum (8254)
That's it.. The same here too with the family members. But I think there should be a toleration between each other. He should at least help you if he dislike it to be that way..(^^)
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
That's what I am saying sis
Food spoils quickly if it`s a warm weather and you don`t have a fridge. I would cook only the amount I`m going to eat. If you don`t want to do the dishes, scrape them, place the remains iin a carbage can outside the house and partially fill the sink with warm water and suds. Leave the dishes and pots immersed there.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Thanks for the advices. I am having this periods when I keep it super clean at home, or super dirty, because leave the work which needs to be done today for tomorrow.
Hi friend, sad to hear about this, i think you are staying in a room or apartment without any women, i mean you are a bachelor working in some other place apart from your residence, so only you are in need to cook and did your cooking activity in this way. I am good in cooking, i learnt it in my childhood and don't face this kind of issues in my life, as well as i will wash all the dishes as soon as possible
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Ashamed or not, I will share I am a woman and live with my boyfriend! It doesn't happen very often such smells to walk around the flat, but when it happens it smells very very bad just like it happened today To be honest I am little lazy and I don't like running in the flat cleaning all the time. It drives me nuts and I need a time for myself, also time to do my online jobs.
@louievill (18964)
hi friend, nice to see you back, just throw everything away that that does not smell good cause it would attract rats and roaches, once the main source of the odor is gone then all would be fine, make a homemade spray that includes basically lemon and or vinegar to remove whatever smell is left
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Hello friends! So so so happy to see that almost all of my friends have been here since I was away and now they are here again! The smell runs away when I wash the dishes, which I did right after posting this discussion. I think I have never had til now such leftovers smelling that bad.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Yeah, some thing just have to be washed right away. I don't like doing dishes right after eating...I want to calm down after doing all the work to make the meal! But I have found..that if you light a scented candle (I get them at Michael's craft store..Ashland brand..usually on sale for 2/$6 and they do have a great fragrance you can really smell through out the house!) I light the candle and have it sitting right next to the stove while I am frying bacon, sausage, or while my husband has the crock pot on with beans in it....I swear.. when all is said and done..there is so little a smell.. I really have to whiff alot just to find it! It REALLY helps with odors. Not sure if any candle would do this, I just like this brand and stock up on them when I go and they are on sale because they are the only candles I have ever bought that have a great fragrance and it does literally fill the room with the fragrance....all athe time until the wax is gone! They are alos in a glass container with a lid. The perfect way!
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Oh you mean the candle will change the smell of the dishes? Well I better clean and wash them, instead of changing the smell. But I love candles! Really much. We have few brands here with hard smell and the candles are little more expensive, but survive longer. I use few of them, very small, when I smoke in the room I always light one to take the smell away.
suggar hi you have to get a fridge as you just cannot keep foods safe in your kitchen overnight. beans do smell so bad if left out and they are poison to eat.get a fridge and do without something else as its a necessity .Please get a fridge before some of you get really ill.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Hello Hatley, glad to see you here. Well we have one fridge. We took it last autumn, it's an old one, but I think it works. It has been used from many people, so it has spots which I tried to clean long ago, but I couldn't clean them completely. When we took it, it stayed for few years in one very old house in a small village. We decided to change the seal inside, ordered new one, which was put as soon as possible, but now the door of the freezer doesn't close. So we never turned it on.
@asliah (11148)
hi, that also happen to my house especially if i feel tired for the whole day,sometimes i don't wash those plates which there are still left over,so in the morning they will smell that bad,that's why my younger sister put garbage with seal to avoid bad smell scattered especially in the kitchen.