Have you ever drank a gallon of water in one afternoon???????????????????

I can go a year without drinking water and only drink ice tea. I am on my way to drinking a gallon of water today. So,far I drank half of it. I have it sitting right here with a big block of ice in it. I keep refilling my glass. I am trying to go the rest of this month without drinking ice tea. Inever thought in allmy years I would ever drink this much water.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I'm sure I have but not everyday. This usually will happen when I'm doing yard work outside for two to four hours. I will then drink about 4 160z of water. Then once inside another 4. However, today I'm only up to 1 16oz of water because I'm mylotting and not feeling so hot or sweaty. I also will drink two to three glasses of lemon water and that happens everyday. I love my lemon water. I even order it when I go out to eat and its free.
I wonder if you add sugar to this water. I made some lemonade once in apple bees.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
No sugar to the lemon water at all. I just put ice in a glass fill the filter water into it. I buy lemons and sweeze them into a bottle then I put about two teaspoons of lemon into the water and drink. Its so thirst quenching and good for you.
• Marion, Kansas
I like a wedge of lemon or lime in my water, but no sweetener. Sweet drinks just seem to make me more thirsty. It is supposed to energize you and be good for digestion and complexion and everything else.
When I was working out and trying to lose weight yes I did but that was a few years ago... I am not sure if I could do it now a days without working out because if I didnt work some of it off by exercising then I would feel too bloated to move. When I was working out I kept two water bottles filled with the time marked down it that I needed to have those ounces of water finished and it helped immensely so I was over doing it at one time and making myself sick. If you drink that water it will help keep you full and not wanted to eat as much.
I am stuffed with water till it hurtsto move. I will take a break till after I go to the restroom.
@ajithlal (14564)
There is something called water therapy that you should try. It means taking eight glasses of water in the early morning without taking anything to clean the body and also it helps to improve the health.
@sender621 (14956)
I don't think that ever drank a gallon of water in one afternoon before but when the wather is hot and stifling it can seem that way. i do drink a lot of water but i don;t think that my consumption can be quitw that high
I am going to try it again today,I like drinking water but ithurts my stomach so bad.
@elisa812 (3033)
Wow, good job! I don't think I would be able to drink that much water in one day! I have never tried it though. I drink a lot of skim milk and lately I have been drinking a lot of Gatorade. I like those things better cause of the taste, but I know I should probably be trying to drink more water also. It is definitely a healthy goal! Good luck with reaching your goal this month! It sounds like you are doing great so far.
I am feeling good about it as well. Keeping my mind right where I want itis helping me reach my goals.
@CTHanum (8254)
I can't go even a day without drinking water as water is my favorite drinks. While I can go a year without drinking sweet drinks.I don't count nor measure how many glasses of water I have everyday. A gallon in a day is okay but a gallon of water in one afternoon?? Wow, I can't do that..Just go for moderate intake.(^^)
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I'm weird in that sometimes I crave water and that's all I want to drink. Usually ice cold water and it sates my thirst. I've probably drank a gallon or more in one day when it's been hot and I've worked outside or it's felt like I was outside anyway.
No, I don't believe that I ever have. That is a lot of water to drink in just one afternoon. That amount is not enough to result in water intoxication in a fairly healthy adult, though; healthy kidneys can process up to about a gallon of water per hour.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think it is good to drink lots of water during the day at different steps rather than drinking lots of water within an hour. I also think we should try to take as much water as our body requires.
I'm not advocating anyone drink that much water in an hour. I was just mentioning the limits to one's kidneys' processing abilities, because someone else had mentioned that too much water, too quickly (which leads to water intoxication) can be fatal.
@dismalgrin (2470)
I have drank a lot of water before. Especially when I kicked the soda habit. Except I would have a bottle of water and put that Mio stuff in it. That stuff is yum and has zero calories in it and makes water less boring when you are used to drinking sweeter stuff. It helped me a lot. Back when I was in the Air Force I got this Chinese tea stuff that gave me the trots. Lol I drank JUGS of that every day. When I told my doctor about it she flipped and said I bulimic... I told her it was coming out the wrong end to be bulimic. But she insisted. And I had to promise not to induce the trots again.
I wondered if that Mio was any good. I'll have to look for it. I'm drinking plain Laura Lynn purified drinking water.
• Marion, Kansas
I really enjoy water. I do not measure or keep track of how much I drink, but I probably could drink a whole gallon on a hot summer day. I like tea okay if it is not sweetened, but I bet yours is sweetened isn't it?
@bjc66bjc (6745)
wow, I think thats a lot of water..but thats because I am like you, I never was one that even drinked water on a daily basic. I have recently started to drink water daily but definately no where near a gallon..good for you, I have yet to get there.. I purchased 4 Arizona drinks yesterday that was on sale, but because I am trying to drink water I haven't popped the tops yet..I purchased them because they were on sale and I also wanted stop drinking so much of the ice powdered made tea, that I drank so much every day...I haven't even made any since I returned from vacation,,,So I am doing prety good with this water thing...
@Masihi (4228)
Ya water's really good for you, and you're probabably drinking that much because it's summertime and I hear down in the USA it's very very hot down there. Careful if you get too too thirsty and drink all the time on a regular basis, it could be a sign of diabetes or something. I do like ice-cold water, though, and I can drink about a litre and a half on a hot day, I done that a few times before on hot days over the years.
@suzzy3 (8400)
I would stop right now too much water can flood your system and make you very ill.You only need two litres of water aday a quarter comes from the food you eat.So for goodness sake stop drinking so much.The symtons mimick a brain tumour
@agent807 (717)
I must be some kind of monster. I didn't used to like drinking water, then all of the sudden, I just started drinking lots of it. Now, I can drink a gallon of water in a short amount of time, usually less than an hour, and that's in cold weather. I think because I am a big guy, and I do a lot of stuff is the reason that I drink so much water. I can go through 2 gallons in a day, 3 if it is hot enough. I have a monster thirst to quench. People like to joke about how much water I drink in the summer claiming that I am responsible for water shortages. When I buy water from the store, I buy the gallon jug since I can drink that much water, and because I am such a big guy, this gallon jug no longer feels like a lot. It's like a glass for me. I usually stock up on gallons of water (people think I am stocking up for a crisis, when I am buying my weekly supply). Also, I keep a jug next to my bed so that I can drink it overnight. Sounds crazy, but usually when I wake up the next day, it's empty.
@asliah (11149)
hi, oh that is not possible to me,because one gallon is really a massive water for me,and besides i cant drink more than 6 glass of water a day so to me i have never been drink a gallon of water in just one afternoon even the weather is really hot.
@fannitia (2172)
• Bulgaria
I have never drank so much water but this summer is too hot. And I see for myself that it's better to drink water than anything else. And the best thing is to drink hot water! Yes, it may seem strange, but I saw this advice in a news paper. There is a hot spring near my home and now I understand why I feel good when I drink the water before it had cooled.
@arpazia (191)
I drink more than just one gallon a day. Never in one sitting! Water is very very important for your body. It can cleans you, clear up your skin and do wonders for your hair! How awesome of you to do this, you can add lemon to it too:) Wishing you best of luck!
@ajithlal (14564)
I have never drank a gallon of water in one afternoon. I have not tried ice tea. I think it must be tasting very good. I think it is good to take as much water as possible. There also something called water therapy that is good for health.
Water is better for you. I like bottled water. I am on my second one for today.. they are 16 ounce bottles. I've been sleeping most of the day or I would have drunk more. If you have been drinking sugar tea, that is probably where your weight gain has come from.
@sylvia13 (1851)
• Nelson Bay, Australia
I know it is good for one to drink enough water and I try to do that, but drinking a whole gallon of it seems to me like an exxageration! I guess it is probably not so good then and might even be harmful!
i cant imagine myself without drinking water everyday even if im also an ice tea drinker, my family and friends already told me if i cant leave without ice tea coz i always prepare ice tea for me almost every hours. i still go for water even if i find it tasteless as i used to tell them i seldom drink water coz its tasteless but when i realized that i had UTI coz i seldom drink water but just soda and ice tea and doctor said that i dont even need to drink medicine for UTI but just drink a lot of water then i did and i felt better now, i used of having discomfort before because of UTI and its fine now, i still believe that water is still the best remedies as its good for body cleansing too.