Do you buy things you do not need because they are cheap?

Mauritius
Well, me yes. I often do it. Sometimes I use these things later. Some things are left unused. Most of the time I use them or I gift them. What about you?
@riyauro (6431)
hmm now this is one good one. Well yes I do buy things sometimes which I don't need. But then If it is something that i really like. Otherwise I just keep it for later use and also if somebody is on my mind by looking at that thing, I buy for that person. So it is cool to give gifts even when there is no reason. It is human nature that most of the time we think of gifts when its a wedding, anniversary, birthday or any other function. But gift without any reason makes the person feel special and I love to do that to my family and friends. So ya!
• Mauritius
If somebody needs something and I have that thing which I am not using, I just give it away to them. I keep things handy to give gifts specially on birthdays because I do not often go to shopping. so, I know I have a gift at home when I would need it.
@tiffnkeat (1679)
I used to. Usually I will forget about them, and later probably throw them away. But now, I am so broke that I cannot even do that. So I wonder which is better? LOL.
• Mauritius
It is better not to buy them and throw them away, specially if you are broke. Me too have stopped spending lavishly as life has become so hard. We get less money and things are becoming expensive day by day. So buy necessary things.
@Otanetix (509)
Unfortunately, I have done that at times. During the times I pass by the dollar stores, I look around for things that I might need but sometimes never use. Actually, I try to donate things I never use because I know there are other people who probably need it more than I do. Despite my impulsive buying, I think it all works out when I give my unused items to charity.
I tned to not buy things that are too cheap because they end up breaking on me because they were cheap.
oh dear, sometimes I made that madness thing haha especially on sales. I love buy clothes, especially when I find that clothes that was to expensive and I could buy it on a sale. ofcourse, not always I can find it, but is nice when I can. have a nice day
Ah, I used to do that! But now I have to keep my budget in mind and I don't buy too many extras like I used to. Oh how I used to waste money on useless purchases! Cheap makeup sets had cool colors - but then I only used a couple and barely at that because they never lasted long. Cheap jewelry (earrings) because they were cool looking - but then I didn't have an opportunity to wear them. I'm sure there are more items I've bought senselessly that just sat there.
@lanieky (47)
Yes I have done that several time I would think I could use this and when it came down to I could not so I gave it away as a christmas present and they never knew it's what I did.
@CTHanum (8254)
I used to be that way years ago- when I was in teenage age. Usually it goes to foods. Cheap foods. We don't like to waste food so most of the time we finish it. But now I know the difference between what I need and what I want. What I want does not mean I need so I just go with what I need only.(^^)
@Paper_Doll (2376)
I usually buy things just because they are cheap or on sale. I in fact have the tendencies to buy things if there are free items with them regardless if I can use it or not. Well, I am just hoping that sooner or later, they will be of use and I would be thankful that I had them for free. But yes, that is not always the case. Sometimes, they are being stocked for like months and years.
Well, when the things that are on sale for a really good price are things that I know that I am going to need at some point in the near future, then I will go ahead and purchase those things when they are on sale as long as I have the money to do it. However, if I am not able to afford those things when they are on sale for a really good price and I don't need them right at the moment, I will hold off on buying those things until the time that I really need them.
@FrugalMommy (1450)
I'm guilty as charged! I have been working on building up a stockpile of things we use a lot, like shampoo and conditioner, hand soap, deodorant, and a bunch of other household items we use a lot but aren't running low on yet. If I find a really great deal on a product we'll use, I'll buy it even if I don't need it because I know that it will get used. This week I've been buying lots of things I don't need because I plan to donate them. It's back-to-school season here and the stores are having amazing sales. I went to Office Max last week and bought 3 packs of pens and 3 packs of pencils for only 60 cents. At Staples I stocked up on crayons and glue for a penny each, and just tonight we went to Target because I had coupons that let us get 2 free packs of pens. I already have a whole box full of pens and pencils that I bought for us to use this year. There are a few more sales I want to hit tomorrow. Once I do that I'll bag everything up and donate it to my daughter's school.
@Fishmomma (11617)
It depends on what kind of product and exactly how much I'll have to spend for it. For example, if its canned food, then I'll buy it and donate to Food Share for the Postal Food Drive or donate during the holidays. One year I brought toys to Knott's Berry Farm and didn't have to pay admission to the park. My entire family went to Knotts for free. Also if its something a friend would really like I would save the item for their birthday or a Christmas gift. There are great ways to reduce the cost of entertainment. This year my local fair is doing an offer if you bring cans of food on a particular day you can get in free for a future visit. I may go to Knotts Berry Farm again by bring toys this year.
@cutepenguin (6458)
I've been avoiding doing this, because I used to and then I would end up not using the item. But if I had a closet or something where I could store things, I'd probably do it.
@oneidmnster (1389)
Sometimes I'll buy something on clearance because it's a good price and I might use it at sometime. Months or even years later I'll find it and wonder why I bought this. Then I end up throwing it away.
@peavey (15874)
I do sometimes, but it depends on what the item is. If I can use it for a gift or find a different use for it, that's a plus and it can save money. If I can't think of a use for it, I don't buy it.
@Raine38 (9050)
I admit that I'm guilty of this. I don't know its just that I get excited especially if the item's price dropped considerably. Once I have calculated that I will be saving this much if I buy now, it seems like I really need it and I could really use it. Then when I get home, I will find out that I can't use it afterall. Now I try hard not to fall for it anymore, and I keep on asking myself repeatedly, "do I need this?"
no,i would not do thisand can't afford to do it. whatI do if something is cheap is stock up on it. I will buy three or four of them and share with my man and keep the rest for myself. I do this with cleaning supplies and so much more.
@suspenseful (40326)
I usually buy things because I need them, but find with cheap things, you get what you pay for and that means I have less money to get what I really wanted. And sometimes when you get something cheap even if it is because it is a good bargain and half of what it is, they seem to disappear.
@GemmaR (8527)
When I first started doing my own shopping, I would buy things because I thought that they were going to be good value, but would then find myself having to throw them away because I just didn't have the time to eat the food. Now I will plan meals and will only buy things if I know that I am going to get the chance to use them. If I ever see that things such as toiletries are on offer, I will buy those because they are not going to expire and there is not a chance that they're ever going to be wasted. Offers can be great as long as you use them wisely.
I have discovered a long time ago that the best way for me to save money is to buy only what I need, even if sometimes it`s not that cheap. At this moment of my life I spend very little for other items than food and meds. But I like to eat well and invite often. I then buy what is needed for a good diner. My gifts are now things I make. I give out jams and other things I cook as I love to cook and my people are happy with that.