We got a ham from my mother..

She got 6 hams from my brother. We got a bag of chicken fingers as well. I don't like ham all that much because it can be too salty. Thisham was sliced and was notthat salty. I mean we have to sliceit. I hope she calls me with more food soon. those chicken fingers are great with hot sauce on it. Do you like to eat ham as well? can you deal with all the salt too..
• Marion, Kansas
The hams I get are not that salty. If it is really too salty for you rinse it off then cook it. I like to get the boneless kind and we have a slicer here that we slice it the way we want it. It is really practical to use in recipes and just not add any salt. We make sandwiches with it or I will grind it up and make sandwich spread.
The one we have is boneless as well. I liked haveing a slice for dinner last night.
Nope. Even if my boyfriend and I weren't pretty much vegetarians, ham would be out. Pork is against our religion. The funny thing is, in my first semester of college I wouldn't have thought that I'd ever give up ham or pepperoni. Both, however, disappeared pretty quickly from my diet while in college, since I had regular access to vegetarian dishes--albeit usually poor quality (the dining hall food wasn't very good back then).
That is good you can find more options to eat well.
@winterose (39913)
You boil ham first before you do anything else with it to take the salt out of it.
@suzzy3 (8418)
What a great mum.It is nice to get free food.Some of these foods are high in salt just becareful how much you eat.Maybe you could have a feed then freeze the rest for next week. Cooking with salt is something I stopped over 20 years ago.I hardly add any salt to anything anymore.Most of the food you buy has salt in it anyway.You still need a little salt in your balanced diet
@jricky1 (6809)
To be honest,i can really deal with the salt on the ham and it seems delicious.Well,maybe drinking more water can help and i'm aiming to make myself feel better from greasy and salty.lol,have a nice day.
I dont know what kind of ham you have but i only know one ham in our country but its not salty in fact its sweet and delicious though ham is not common food in our country,i dont know with the others here though we only use ham during Christmas, we normally prepare a lot of food by December 24 at night and when 12midnight strike we are all eating at the table with all the food we prepare and of course the ham. Besides we dont normally make our own ham, we just buy it which is very expensive.
@sedel1027 (17870)
Ugh I hate ham. I've never liked it unless it was in red beams. I guess because all the salt is pulled out and it seasons the beans. I was always grateful that the only time of year I had to eat ham was at Christmas and I could eat a small piece of honey name and not get fussed at lol
@911Ricki (13602)
That was nice of her, but what would she do with 6 hams. I havent had ham in awhile since the prices are ridiculous. Its about $15.00 for half a ham, but on holidays we suually have them. I love this glaze its like a brown sugar glaze, in the crockpot, or the oven, also when the hams nice and soft.
@bjc66bjc (6746)
That was great your mom have meat to share with you..I don;t believe I have gotten a ham that was to salty...Normal they are not salty..Maybe its the peticular brand,,, Any way I do eat ham and enjoy it...but I don't have it to regular... Bon appetit!!!!
Lucky you to have all that meat. I lime ham. I love chicken fingers too. I live Louisiana hot sauce on my chicken.
I like making my own version of chicken fingers (is that like chicken tenders?), so not sure what it tastes like out of a bag. But oh yes, we like ham! My mom always got the Honey Baked Ham - and we get usually get the leftovers. It's not too salty, but I know what you mean cuz some hams I've tasted really are salty. The Honey Baked Ham stuff is great as sandwiches with their honey mustard. But too much ham is too much ham. I will take some and make split green pea soup . . . but not use any salt at all because the salt from the ham will flavor the soup. Sometimes it works well in fried rice as well (again, not using any extra salt).
@velentina (893)
• Mauritius
I do not eat ham, but my son does eat it. So he buys it outside as fast food. I do not cook ham at home. As for chicken fingers, I just adore eating it. Chicken dish is my favourite. Bon Apetit.