We did a car boot sale today

We took lots of things, mainly the kids old toys and books. We didn't make much money, but what we did make, the kids used to buy a few playstation games and toys. We all got sun burnt, which isn't great, but it was a lovely family day out and everyone enjoyed it. Plus we got rid of some of the clutter from our house. This was our third boot sale, we are planning to do one every 6 weeks or so if we have enough to sell.
I never heard of this kind of sale.I know about yard sales and garage sales but boot sales no..It was good the kids got something out of working today.I would nurse that sun burn fast.
In the UK, to have a garage or yard sale I think you need to pay the council for the right to put stuff out the front of the house. A car boot sale, you fill up your car, drive to the site where they're having the sale, pay a fee to sell on site, and then you go in and set up your table with whatever you have to sell. This one was on farm land, and the little one's stroller was churning up the mud so much that the other kids had to keep stopping and using their boots to scrape the mud off the wheels, just so we could keep moving! In return, I gave them money to buy what they wanted.
I've never done a car boot sale before, but we do try to have actual yard sales on a pretty regular basis. The reason that we like to do this is because of the fact that we don't need to keep a lot of clutter in the house and getting rid of things that we don't need anymore is a great way to keep the clutter out of the house and to also have a little bit of extra money that we can use for some kind of a little luxury.
It sounds like quite a good day even if you didn't make much money off the sale. I've never had much luck with selling things at yard sales or flea markets, but I do enjoy going to them to see if there is anything I want to buy.
@anklesmash (1417)
It sounds like you didn't have a bad day you managed to get rid of some clutter,you made enough for your children to get somethings and you managed to spend some quality time together as a family.My mum and i are planning on doing a car boot sale soon as we have a lot of clutter as well.Close to where we live there is a large car boot that loads of people come to every week so hopefully we will get a good price for our stuff.