How do you feel about baby sitting.......................

I worked with kids most of my life and it was all good and sometimes a lot of work. now that I am older i would not want to babysit for anyone. If the child is walking and knows what stop and no mean I willthink about doing it. but,if the child is notwalking and needs a bottle no way.
@jazel_juan (15767)
I have three kids and well i do know how to take care of kids but i could honestly say i do have problems when it comes to me looking after other people's children. i do not hate them just that i am afraid of taking care of other children... weird but yes lol.. its just different when it is your own child, so yes i do not baby sit.
Me too i know how to take care but i dont want to baby sit unless its my kids coz if its our own children we can control our temper unlike with other kids though we cant just hurt those kids coz its not our kids, i wouldn't say i hurt my daughter but at least i can control and its someone's child im afraid that i might going to loss my control with them specially those kids whose hard headed and not listening.
@jazel_juan (15767)
true plus you need to be really patient.. with our own kids too we know what they like, what they dont like and the likes.. so pretty much it is a breeze watching over them.
@echoforever (5192)
I have been almost forced to babysit since my sister's first daughter was around 7 or 8 months old. I didn't know the first thing about kids. It has continued to happen since then. Well my first huge mistake I can recall was when the first daughter around that time was crawling around on the bed. I had told her to stop but of course she didn't know to listen, she fell off and she hit her head pretty hard on the dresser. It left a knot, I felt horrible and I thought I had really hurt her from not doing more.... well... live and learn I guess. She was okay... Now I've been watching kids since then off and on. My four neices the most and now two other boys of the neighbor. I don't want kids of my own now because I think I have had enough kid experience as it is.... if I ever fall in love maybe that will change, but for now, I do not see that happening.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I used to baby sit when I was young here... I havent done it in along time. id love to.. as I love kids very much. How are you these days?
@jureathome (5363)
When i was still single and younger, there's this little boy from our neighbor whom I got so fond of. I would go to their house and ask the mother if I could take the boy to our house when she goes out to work. I would babysit for free. But, I am choosy with kids. I don't get along well with just any kid, that easily. This boy was very well-behaved and lovable. Now, he's big and turned out to have shown signs of being gay. But, well, he's a good boy, and I still like that kid.
I have been babysitting for over 13 years now and I don't think I will ever stop doing it. Kids are my passion. I always wanted to be a teacher but since I cannot afford to go back to school for it I stick with babysitting. =) I love kids. They definitely keep me young at heart!
@asliah (11148)
hi, one of the most tedious work or to do is a baby sitting because all your focus should be in the baby,actually i experienced for being a baby sitter when my sister gave birth her first child,that was really tedious but i was happy and had fun also while taking care of my niece.
It really depends on the kid. I really wouldn't want to be changing diapers, but I also don't want them old enough that they think that they're too big for a babysitter. I think that I would just prefer to have a couple of my own, instead of dealing with someone else's kids. Then, they know the house rules, know what the consequences are for breaking those rules, and I don't have to deal with some other adult's ideas as to what is okay for kids--candy, soda, belly shirts, high heels for little girls, hours and hours spent playing video games, etc.
@dodo19 (33307)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I have babysat before. I used to do it quite a bit. With two nieces, and an eight-month-old of my own, I feel comfortable doing it. It's maybe not something that I would want to do all the time, but it's not something that I mind doing.
I've been babysitting since I was thirteen years old and I've been raising children in some capacity since I was nineteen years old. With that said, I wouldn't mind to start babysitting again if the opportunity would arise for me. I love children and I really like to be around them. Though there are times that babysitting is a lot of work, it is also something that I really enjoy doing. I would just have to make sure that I knew the children well before I took them into my care.
@winterose (39918)
I was never one for children, I am more and adult person and have always been. I never even babysat when I was a kid.
@sid556 (31005)
It's a lot of work for sure.I have been babysitting kids of all ages since I was 11. Over the years I've taken breaks because well...they are a lot of work and the burn-out rate is high. I've actually not ever stopped taking care of kids. I'm 56 and I have always had either my own or babysat since I was 11. Seriously, Just when I would think my last one was going to school full time, oops...I'd have another and then the grandchildren. My oldest is 36 and my youngest just turned 18 and is moving to Colorado next month. I babysit my 16 month grandson on my days off from work so that my 26 yr old daughter can work. My 13 yr old grandson is actually helpful and I don't feel like I'm sitting... he is here every day that I have off unless he has other obligations. I also have my little 6 yr old granddaughter twice a week during the summer. Wait...what was the question? Oh I'm ok with babysitting. I'm used to it.
I think I feel the same, I love my kids and want to spend all my time with them and then I also like other friends kids and like playing with them when I am visiting but I dont think I would want to babysit for anyone..I just think it would be too much with my two as well. And you know I love babies and when we are in a place where there is a baby I am one of the first to pick them up and hold them but I have also realized that since I havent had a baby in 11 years hearing a crying baby is sometimes to much to hear. So yes while I love kids I am not sure if I could do it to much.
@squallming (1776)
Baby sitting is really a difficult thing to do. I think the hardest would be babysitting a baby who does not know how to walk yet. The baby can cry for no reason and keeps potty. You have to help change the napkins which is the worst part of baby sitting. Of course, if you get a hyperactive child to babysit, your situation can be even worse as you need to watch out if the kid do something that is dangerous.
@suzzy3 (8357)
I only look after my grandchildren these days,that suits me.I have looked after them for my daughter all their lives,there is nothing I would not do for them.I worked at play schools ,dinner lady to be honest I have had enough of other peoples kids.You have to be so careful these days.The kids just don't have enough manners these days and my patience has gone.Things are a lot different with the kids of today they seem to rule the roost and I found myself at a lose of what to say to them or what do.So other people can sort it out themselves
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Oh thats an easy answer, If I had to do it my preference would be a baby when they get toddler age, no way...a baby you just feed them and play with them a while and they are good go until they fall asleep... otherwise my day would be runnin behind a toddler and I can think of other ways to get exercise...LOL...It just to much responsibility to watch after a toddler and making sure they don't get hurt...Nope not me!!!!!!!
@jricky1 (6808)
Baby sitting can have lots of fun and it's also interesting to get along with such cute babies.For it still needs a long way to wait for their grown up,so nurturing a kid is not easy.However,for every person will do this at least one time in their lifetime.
@laniekins (4585)
When I was a child, I always do baby sit to my siblings baby, infant and toddlers. It was fulfilling before cause I am getting attached to my nieces and nephews. But when I'm growing up my freedom seems lessen, I can't go anywhere I want cause I'm stuck at home do baby sitting. After that, I don't like baby sit anymore.
@512771751 (1096)
Although I don't have a baby, I know it is too tired to take care of baby. It needs too much patience and care then the person who takes care of baby don't have any time to do other things. So mother is so great.
@CTHanum (8254)
Babysit a baby is much easier as they sleep most of the time. If they already know how to walk they will do more mess. And it depends on whether the kids understand what have been told to them or not. The good kids is easy to handle while the naughty will be more tough and challenging.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I don't know. I used to baby sit, but with a 2 year old and a 13 year old, I more want peace and quiet lol Maybe after my kids are gone my thoughts will change on the subject.