What did you do on your last birthday?????????

I never do anything for my birthday. This yearz[sept 29th} I want to have something nice for my birthday. I might have to cook and put aside some money. But,I will be 43and it is about time Ido something for myself. I think a little food and come music and a few friends will be just the thing to make me happy. Plus,the apartment can hold more people so even they can bring someone.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Last year we were in Texas, not near friends or family. My son cooked dinner and my husand made an awesome cake. He spent almost 2 days baling and building it. i was super proud of him that he tried such an elaborate cake and that he loves me enough to put that much time into a cake. unfortunately, myLot won let me add pictures fromm my iPad even on the flash browser so I'll have to come back later and add a picture.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Here is the picture I wanted to add. I wish I could add more. I have quite a few that actually highlight toe details and the inside of the cake (chocolate cake, red velvet cake & rice crispy treat).
@inertia4 (27792)
I did nothing at all. I actually did not want to have a birthday party. I have had enough and I am finished with them. I cannot deal with the stress that comes along with them. I did have my kids with me on my birthday and that meant the world to me. Anything else did not matter to me.
On my last birthday (which was on the 18th of July) Randy and I went out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and had a great time. For randy's bday (which is the 28th of July) I am taking him out to dinner and then on the 7th I had ordered him Dodger Tickets (we live in Nevada and the game is in California) I know he has never been to a professional game before so I know he will enjoy it. I think it is great that you want to have a small party.
@512771751 (1096)
I still remember the day of my last birthday. I just go to a good restaurant to have a good meal and my bf gives a watch as a birthday present to me.
@ladym33 (11007)
My husband and I did what we normally do on my birthday, my mom babysat and we went out to dinner and a movie. My birthday, his birthday, and our anniversary are kind of like the only times during the year when the two of us go out alone and enjoy each other as a couple and not as mom and dad. I think you should do it up for your birthday and enjoy it. Happy Birthday!
@jazel_juan (15767)
Last year on my birthday my husban and i went to see a concert then we ate outside..i remember going home around 1 in the morning.. it was pretty special.
@asliah (11148)
hi, the only think that i did on my last birthday was bought many foods that i wanted to eat,and this was happen last month of May,i was very happy because my family was there to celebrate my birthday.after that we only sang in video oke until midnight.
I don't even remember what I did on my last birthday. I don't recall doing anything to be honest. I'd love to do something like I did when I was a kid an go on a trip to somewhere like 6 Flags or a water park. But you know money is slim and right now keeping afloat is all I worry about and getting the kids what they need. Truly it's just another day to me. :/
This year all that we did for my birthday was that we went out to eat at the Chinese Buffet that is close to our house that I really enjoy eating at. Typically we don't really do a lot for my birthday and for my husband's birthday, but we do tend to do something pretty special for each of the children's birthdays. The reason that we do it like that is because of the fact that they are still really young and their birthdays are still something that is really special to them.
@winterose (39917)
I had a wonderful birthday this year. It was a week long, I had dinner out with my man. I went to the theatre and out for dinner with friends, and my friend T had a great dinner prepared for me and we had some drinks and music. I think it was the best birthday I ever had.
@Blondie2222 (22886)
I usually don't do anything for my birthday either I just find it as a day of relaxing and by myself. But this year for my birthday it landed on our dogwood festivle so I went to the parade and we had a cookout then a bonfire at night, it was a pretty good birthday. Next year I'll be 30 so I know my friends/family will be throwing me a 30th birthday party. The joys of 30's.
@marianne87 (3526)
My last birthday was my 25th. My parents came over with some small gifts. I did some housework when they left. After the kids came home from school, I served a birthday buffet of all the things they like. Then I gave them jelly and ice cream, which ended up all over my living room for me to clean up. I can't say it was much fun for me! My babies did make me a birthday card though. The year before, my birthday was a weekday, my eldest was at school. I had a McDonalds birthday lunch with my younger 2 kids, and we went grocery shopping. But this is enough for me right now.
This year was my 30th birthday and my husband got extremely sick shortly before and so I decided that I just wanted to stay home and do something lokey. We usually will go out to eat at a sit down restaurant and then we give give the kids some money to buy a gift but I stead this year we just got some pizza and watched a movie at home and even though it cost nearly nothing it was one of the best birthdays.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
wow, I always look forward to my birthday which was last month...I've always looked forward to my birthdaynjust like I did when I was 20,and thats over 40 some odd years ago..But my calendar have others birthdays and I fill just as importsnt as they are.. But good you are making plans for your birthdy this year and I will be awaiting my invitation,,,LOL... \Definately sounds like a party....
My husband and I had dinner at the Croatia Restaurant in Mississauga, near Toronto. The food was absolutely wonderful!! All my friends on my favourite Sunday radio programs dedicated songs to me in their native languages. I'm picing up quite a bit of German, Croatian, Serbian, and even a little Greek! :)