This scale does everying

@sedel1027 (17854)
We have been looking for a slightly better scale mainly because my husband has to keep his weight to this insanely low number for work. We purchased a regular scale ($20 at Target type of scale lol) about a year and a half ago, so I didn't want to spend any more money on a new scale just to have more functions. so I was lucky enough to win an Eat Smart Precision Get fit scale. this scale will remember 8 people (just by you standing on It) and gives the following measurements: weight, bone mass, body fat, body water and body water. I haven't had a chance to set it up. I'm nervouse to do so! I'm not a big girl at all. But I know that I have more fat on me than probably should and I need to tone up! What do you think of a scale like this? Too much information or just enough information to help you actually loose weight and stay on track?
@bjc66bjc (6745)
hi sedelm you said your hubby has to keep his weight down because of his job...what does he do, is he model or is he a tightrope walker.. I think that scale sounds great for the weight comscience person... just set it up and get the best out of it...because i think anyone who has the need of a scale needs to know all these things this scale will provide for them...
@sedel1027 (17854)
He is in the military - hopefully for not much longer. He loves to eat & cook and its his downfall. He also can not exercise because of injuries he has had for a few years. The max weight he can be is 191 (he is 5'10") and he has to starve himself before a weigh in to achieve that. Makes him miserable.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
oh ok...well my love and kudos go out to him for that military task...please let him know my thanks go out to him...
@suspenseful (40316)
I got one of those cheaper electronic scales, and for me it does not work. You are supposed to put your feet flat on the indicators, and I have high arches. Also it seems no matter how low I get, I am still too much fat on me. I may have to use the regular mechanical scale and then dive into some water and see if I will go to the bottom or not. I have not weighed myself for a couple of months or more like three and rely on my friends to say if I am gaining or losing weight.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I like to weigh myself more to keep on top of my weight more than anything else. For a few years we didn't have a scale and even with eating healthy we still gained weight because of the jobs we had & the hours we worked led to a more sedentary life style.
@nia1023 (134)
Those features are actually good if you know how to use them properly. I think it is a great tool to use if you want to lose weight. And dont be scared to hop on it, better face it than run away from it, right? :)
@sedel1027 (17854)
I'm not scared more in the I don't want to know mode lol I actually wanted my husband to try out the scale first - especially the features that I'm sure use some type of current to test because I'm a big weenie lol All of the information is good to know. I really don't need to loose weight, but I want to tone up.