Trapped in Uzbekistan (dream discussion)

@Porcospino (16434)
Denmark
Last night I dreamed that I was going on a treasure hunt and I had to travel around the world. I had to follow a blue thread and sometimes it was very complicated to find out where I had to go next. Most of the dream was nice and I enjoyed visiting many different countries. When I got to Uzbekistan the dream suddenly turned into a nightmare, because I was walking around in a huge underground tunnel and I suddenly lost sight of the blue thread. I had no map and I didn't know how to find the blue thread again or how to get way from the tunnel. I panicked because I didn't know where to go and it felt like I was just walking around in circles. Did you ever dream about a trip to another country? What happened in your dream? Was it a happy dream or a nightmare?
Your dream sort of reminds me of the story of Theseus and the minotaur because of the thread that you had to follow. Theseus had to follow a thread to get through the maze of the minotaur. Anyway, I've had dreams about traveling to all kinds of places. Most of the time I think of them as good dreams. Even when I'm going to scary places. Like I had a dream once that I was traveling to war-torn Iraq, but it wound up a hilarious dream because my Spanish teacher went to fight and my principle turned into a terrorist and I got to kick his butt. I think usually when I'm dreaming about going somewhere, the place I'm going doesn't actually exist. Like distant planets, Narnia, and Middle Earth. Usually those are pleasant dreams, very adventurous!
@Porcospino (16434)
• Denmark
I looked up Theseus and the minotaur when I had read your response. I think that I have read the story a long time ago, but I didn't remember the details. I think that there are some similaries between that story and my dream. Your dreams to places that don't exist sound fascinating. I imagine that it is feels like an adventure to explore those places. Most of my dreams take place in the area where I live, but I have had a few dreams about travelling and dreams where I was back in Italy or in Poland, and of course the strange dream where I ended up in Uzbekistan.
I'm a bit of a greek mythology geek, so I've read the story and different versions of it many times. Naturally when you said "followed a thread" I thought of the story. There's also a very fine thread in "The Princess and the Goblin" that Princess Irene has to follow to sort of fulfill her destiny. That reminded me of Theseus's story too. I have dreams that take place in the real places I've been often enough, but usually when I'm traveling somewhere it's to somewhere that I know doesn't really exist. Makes the dream much more interesting my opinion. I've never really had dreams about traveling to foreign countries except for the one that I mentioned.