Sun burn!

We all got sun burn yesterday, except my eldest daughter - she takes after my mother-in-law and tans easily. I am a little worried about my younger daughter, she is not quite 2 and got bad sun burn on her face. Her little face is pink and a bit swollen but I have been putting E45 and aloe vera on it, so I'm hoping it won't blister. We thought we had kept her out of the sun but obviously we were wrong. Our son got burnt when he was about her age, because I didn't re-apply his sun screen quickly enough, and his arm and leg swelled up and his face blistered, I took him to the hospital, so I am well aware of the dangers now. I am quite badly burnt myself, my arm is swollen, and I am so annoyed with myself. I already have a scar from sun burn a few years ago, I can't believe I was so careless again.
I honestly tend to believe that those people that are going to sunburn are going to get burnt regardless and those that are not prone to burn are not going to get burned. My daughter and son are two children that have spent plenty of time in their lives in the sun and neither one of them has ever suffered from a sun burn. Me, on the other hand, I burn if I think about being in the sun for more than a few minutes. One of the best things that you can do for your children is to make sure that they are taking lukewarm baths. That will reduce peeling and will also rehydrate their skin.
We are all pale skinned and I am a redhead, so myself and my kids are sensitive to the sun. I always put sun screen on the kids but I usually forget about me. My eldest daughter doesn't burn, she has her paternal grandmother's complexion and she tans well. But the rest of us burn.
I would be upset about the little girl having that burn on her face. I do hope she is not in pain. I hear they hurt real bad. I am not sure how true it is though. I would think buying her a big hat would help hide her from the sun. good luck with your treatment.
She seems ok, its just her face has swollen a little and its just under her eye. I would hate for her to get a blister near her eye. I will keep putting the cream on, but if she gets any worse I will call the doctor.
ThereĀ“s such a big problem in the hole of the ozone layer in our country that even us, brunettes, cannot take sun baths without putting on blockers every hour or so. There are some places the problem is not so bad, but it is where I live. The last time I forgot, I could not bear to put on clothes for a couple of days.
@Shellyann36 (9181)
Oh gosh I hate it for everyone that got sunburned. I have very light skin and so do my children. Once while I was grocery shopping my ex-husband let our kids play in a pool out in the bright sun with no sunscreen on at all. My middle son got blistered so bad across his shoulders. I ended up taking him to the hospital. It was a terrible mess. I was so mad at my ex. If it had not been for the fact that I was so worried about my son I probably would have knocked him for a loop. I hope your daughter is going to be alright.