I am eating fruit for my dinner and snack...

I bought two peaches for dinner and two apples for my snack. I also bought the smallest can of pringles for my midnight cravings. I will not be cooking in here at all before I move. I packed up my pots and pans already. This peach is so soft I don't need to bite it hard at all. I hope the next one is this sweet. I wnder if people cook around here,I never smell food cooking until I go to where adrian lives. the neighbors are always cooking at night time.
@NailTech (6892)
My grandmother used to give my grandfather fruit to eat for dinner on Sunday nights. He ate it and I guess he had something later that night too for a snack but dunno what else. If that is what you want then, it's fine for you. I could live on fruit but it isn't nice to my stomach if I eat alot of it in one day.
• Marion, Kansas
When my grandparents were living, they had a farm/ranch operation. If they had company they would fix big meals of mostly their own meat and vegetables and fruit. When things were "normal" like if a grandkid was staying for a couple of weeks and no one else, they ate a huge lunch and just left overs for supper. Grandpa liked corn bread soaked in buttermilk. He lived to be 98 and she lived to be a hundred, so the life must have really agreed with them.
I think living on fruits and veggies is a good thing for anyone. I do hope it keeps me healthy like I am today.
@asdomencil (4276)
What a nice and healthy dinner there. Maybe most of your neighbors there are just taking ready to eat meals or just dropped by a resto or fast food for their dinner. For me, it is still best to cook for your own food.
That is also another option for these hot days and nights. I know we go out often to eat as well.
Especially when the fruit is chilled. with a little bit of syrup. It is really nice to have such healthy meal.
@Blondie2222 (17585)
I notice that to about my sisters apartment complex that you never smell food cooking at all only once in awhile. I wonder what people eat if they don't cook? Probably warmed up stuff in microwave or something. i would get sick of that stuff if it was me. I love eating fruit any time of the day, once i get more money in my paycheck i am going to the store and buying lots of fruit. Right now i'm broke for another week. Enjoy your fruit and have a good evening.
That was good for me and it was fine to get more as well. I think everyone should enjoy fruit in this heat.
• Marion, Kansas
In this heat fruit is really great for a meal. I do not blame you for not wanting to cook before you move. I can tell that you are really looking forward to this change in your life.
I am and it will be good for me to hurry up and get this over with. I am tired of looking at all these boxes.
Sounds good. I would love peaches and cottage cheese. I am broke so I have to wait a couple weeks to get anything good like that.
I hope you can enjoy them soon like me. I have a few more peaches left and a lot of apples and oranges.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
lol you are funny,,,Well there are a thousand people in the Projects where Adrian lives and so there are a lot more families living there to do so much more cooking....for you to smell. How funny you should wonder of anyone around here cook,,I am positive they do including myself...we don't all eat peaches and apples for dinner...evem tho we may need to...lol
hi bjc oh help I am on my third day of diarrhea and my son brougnt me some over the cou nter generic anti diarrea and its just not worked. finally at dinner tonight I asked Rose our medical person for something to stop this diarrhea so she gave me an immodium so am hoping the real thing will finally stop this as I am feeling r eally ill.say a little prayer for me to get well. this is tiresome and upsets myblood sugar too.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I forgot to say the liquid Immodium works much quicker than the pill... If you had the pill I surely hope it works but have your son bring you a bottle of the liquid for next time and hopefully you will not have to suffer for so long....
I am also fond of fruits. I remember the weekends when I used to be in office due to work burden. And as the canteen used to be closed in weekend, I used to eat fruits in lunch. Mostly I used to eat Banana, Grapes, Pineapple in the lunch.
I don't care for the banana all tht much and will not buy that one. but the others I will eat all the time.
I am fond of Banana. I hardly miss banana any day. Every day after dinner I will surely take two or three banana. Even during summer Banana Shake is one of my favorite cold beverage, I keep on making it too often at my place.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i really loved to eat fruits every time i eat my breakfast,my lunch and even my dinner,especially if the dishes is fatty like pork and beef,most of the time i eat green mangoes and oranges or the sour fruits,and sometimes i eat apple and banana too especially in my work.
You are now on a diet. Eating healthy foods are good for you.
I would certainly think that your neighbors do cook from time to time, but it also seems that these days it is much more common for people to do a lot of their cooking with convenience foods and things that they just have to heat up in the microwave and that kind of food is never going to have the rich, savory smells that you will get in a kitchen when you are cooking from scratch and using a lot of different seasonings and spices.
@CTHanum (8254)
Eating fruit for dinner is impossible for me. I still need some other food to eat- heavy meals because I have my dinner at 7-here having dinner at 7 o'clock is a bit early. Normally I still need to eat rice and side dishes. Fruits only will not be enough.(^^)
@jricky1 (6809)
I choose grape and also watermelon as my dinner and i think this is really cool as my dinner.I feel happy and good for my mentabolism eating these as snack.Coz i really do not want to eat with hot days.
@hsofyan (3452)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
Are you not hungry at bedtime? I always eat dinner with cooked rice or fries.
@sedel1027 (17868)
That sounds like a really good dinner to me We had black beans and rice that I made with homemade vegetable stock
Sounds like a tasty dinner. It makes sense not to cook anymore until you are settled into your new home. I remember the last time I moved; I was still cooking almost right up until we moved, and that made things even more difficult with packing up the kitchen.
@nijolechu (1845)
I know it really is tough to be able to cook when you are busy with packing your things and other stuff for a big Move. I know there are times when I would have fruits for a main meal like a Dinner or a Lunch because it gets really hot here sometimes and then I wouldn't want to cook foods on the stove or oven.
I just finished eating some grapes and an orange and they both tasted so good. I try to eat lots of either fruits over veggies to even out our meals of meat and a starch because it just because too much without one or the others. A lot of our neighbors cook and it seems it is ways around the same time and it smells so good at times especially when we all are cooking out.
Simple dinner - and the clean up is so minimal - wish dinner could be like that every night! Yah, cooking is too much when you're trying to pack everything up. I had to cook because there's no way we could eat out for every meal especially with 2 little ones . . . so I packed up the food last, and made an open box of pots and pans that I would use for sure before the move - and pack the rest up. So when we came here and when I could cook, I had a box ready for the minimal things I used regularly. You must have a great nose - I don't smell things too well!
@shylade (3138)
That's a healthy dinner. We are cooking dinner every night. If it's not my husband, our helper will cook our dinner. Just like last night. When we got home from work, dinner was already prepared so we had our early dinner. We had chicken noodle soup and bread. My son loves soup and so do my husband.
hi gifts oh peaches and a pples sounds really healthy. I ate about a small cup full of rice and part of a dish oi mixed canned fruit for my dinner. my third day of diarrhea and feeling reall ill. Myson got me some generic anti diarrhea and its done didlley squat to stop my diarrhea.so I asked Rose our medical person for something to stop my diarrhea and she gave me an Imodium pill so am hoping it finally works.am feeling light headed and weak.