Blood Donation- My first experience, funny

@riyauro (6428)
I always wanted to donate blood and last time I was in my town, there was a blood donation day in a bank. I have an account in that bank and I wanted to do this good work in life. It so happened that my tenant who was pregnant also went with me and her 3 year old son as well. I gave the blood and after that there was food and juice provided. I felt fine and i was happy. People there were saying that I will feel weak for some time and that i should go home and take a rest. I was feeling good and did not feel any weakness. So i took the parcel of lunch and went to roam in the town since Celina was with me. Celina,her son and I, were there in town town for some time, hopping shop to shop. Then all of a sudden, I was blackout. I forgot that i donated blood. I went dizzy. I told Celina that I was feeling dizzy and black out. I took out the Lunch parcel and started eating on the side of the street. Oh God, I thought, I will die. Celina tried stopping a cab for us to go home. When a taxi stopped, I got up to in the taxi. I couldn't feel the ground under my feel and I couldn't see anything properly. I was walking like I was drunk. As soon as I reached the back seat, I lied there putting my head down, the driver asked me if i was drunk. When I reached home, I went to bed to rest and then Celina told my parents what had happened. Now I know that after donating blood, I need to take rest and not ti roam around. Have you guys been through this situation?
@Raine38 (9115)
I also have always wanted to donate blood. A couple of times whenever there's a blood drive project in our agency, I will line up. After testing my blood, the workers are so happy to receive mine because they said my blood type is one of the rarest. But I never have gotten to finishing it because they will find out that I have low blood pressure with possibility of anemia. I don't know if I'm relieved or sad because to be honest I'm not a big fan of needles or IVs. But I've been wanting to share something that I have this way. Since then, I've been trying to become healthier hoping and crossing my fingers I'm gonna qualify.
@riyauro (6428)
oh that's sweet of you. Yeah some blood type is hard to get and it is universal receiver or donor type. You are lucky to have that blood type. I wish you luck and one day you will surely qualify. It is good deed to donate blood.
Hi riyauro. I am always scared of injections and blood tests. So, no, I have never tried donating blood. Seeing blood just makes me really weak and the knees and very dizzy. I also felt weak when I read your post. haha! Blood is really my phobia. It is great that you tried donating blood. You should really rest for a bit. Happy mylotting!
@riyauro (6428)
no problem, those who have problems than you should not donate blood. I myself have hemoglobin less in my blood. that is what the doctors told me when i donated blood. So even I have to take care and reduce donating blood. have a good day. you crossed 400. Am still struggling. Good going.
@fantabulus (4005)
Blood donation is good some persons afraid from blood donation but my brother every year donate the blood and my dever also. I heard if we donate the blood then with in few days new blood comes in our body.
@riyauro (6428)
yeah in a few days we recover the blood donated. Its good to know that your brother donates blood. We need people like this. There is shortage of blood in blood banks. Helps to give life to people battling life. it is a good deed
@subhojit10 (7382)
Hey hats off to your kind gesture. Well i have never donated my blood due to the fear of injection needles. But other than that blood donation is the purest and holiest form of donation and it is by this kind act that we are able to save many lives battling for blood.
@riyauro (6428)
yes I believe so too because there is a shortage of blood in the blood banks and many people die because they can't get the right blood. If my blood helps somebody to live longer then why not. I would love to donate again in sometime soon.
@surekharathi (14134)
Ohhh God danger experience dont worry you will feel like good after some days after donating blood. But your thought is good always wanted to donate blood means if I need any time then I can call you hahhe... just kidding. Rest is most important after donate the blood and eat some fruits also like apple.