Is she trying to set me up with this guy?

@911Ricki (13602)
I got this feeling from my sister the other day. Her boyfriends best friend he's a ncie guy, 27, owns 2 houses, works long long hours. I take as being shy, I know he had one girl a little while ago and he just dumped her for no reason (well everyone says that), and I believe he's sort of a Mommy's boy. Months ago maybe April when my parents went away my sister invited me out to sushi to try it. So we went with her, her boyfriend, and this guy. Mind you he was hitting on me flirting, or giving hint so clearly I just assume he was along for the sushi. My sister keeps bringing him up in coversations, she requested or whatever sent something through Facebook to add him, so I did not even thining at the time. She asked me to go out with sushi them again this was a few weeks ago but they all ended up working. Last night while at sushi she kept saying Marc likes this type of sushi, yet we werent even talking about him, or anything remotely about him. Then she will bring up at my old job how they use to go to the bar, and stop to see me. How drunk he would be, and all this stuff, so I'm sitting here scratching my head if she's hinting towards something, if he told her boyfriend or her something and he's just chicken. I had said awhile back I would date Italians again as my ex was and he was very rude and ignorenet. He slapped me a few times, but it was serious. It came up in a conversation.
@Raine38 (8987)
Probably she is, but as her sister maybe she means well. You can always tell her how you feel about it. Besides, even if you said no to any romantic innuendo that doesn't mean that you guys can't hang out altogether anymore. At least do not close the communication with him; he may not be bf material but he may be a good friend.
It sounds like your sister is trying to hook you up with this guy, but its not up to her its up to you if you like him or not.
Yes, it sounds like she is trying to set you up with him. I imagine that he's told your sister's boyfriend that he thinks you're cute or something along those lines, and your sister's boyfriend told her about the guy's interest and asked her to try to point you in his direction. So, she is now subtly trying to nudge you in his direction. You could be bold and ask him out for coffee. That would be a perfect low-key way to have a chance to see if he's worthwhile, and it doesn't so clearly scream "date" that the two of you couldn't just paint it as "hanging out" if it turns out that there isn't any chemistry.
@riyauro (6431)
Oh as you are describing, i think your sister is really trying to set you up with Marc. But I did not get the last part. who slapped you a few time? your italian boyfriend?
@Jshean20 (14374)
It does sound like your sister is trying to set you up with him. Does your sister have a good judge of character and know what you're looking for in a guy? I would say if so, persue it!
I don't think that I would personally have to pass a judgement about a person just because of the cultural background that they have. Now after reading this discussion, it really does sound like your sister is trying to set you up with this friend of hers. Now, I can understand that you might not be interested in him and if that is the case, this is definitely something that you should let your sister know about. However, if you are interested, the next time that your sister talks about him, tell her that she should have him call you if he is interested in a date.
@winterose (39931)
well you can't treat everyone the same, that is prejudice, go out with him once or twice but make it clear that you don't tolerate any violence and see what happens.
@CTHanum (8254)
Then you should ask your sister if she intentionally do that to you. It seems that you don't like the guy and you don't like your sister behaving that way, trying to set you up with this guy as it seems that she is trying to do so.
@BabyCheetah (1913)
Yep sure sounds like a set up to me. She must know that this guy likes you and she probably just wants you to be happy so trying to find you a nice man. But in the end it's up to you and if you are not interested you should tell her so she stops bringing him up all the time to you if you find it annoying. Or on the other hand if you think he is handsome and might be nice you can go out for lunch or something and get to know him better. So is he Italian? We're not all bad but I guess it can depend where they were born too and how woggy they are. This guy may actually be OK who knows
@kingparker (9698)
Seriously, I guess that your sister tried to be a match maker, and want to set you up with this gentleman. If he is not such a bad person, why not consider such offer. He might change your mind, or he might be the one you never think of. Life is full of surprise, and you have to come to accept it as it is. So, don't be afraid this surprise, it might blow your mind.
hi Ricki if its your sister trying to set you u p with this' guy I would think twice as your sister does not show a lot of love towards y ou.Also you are old enough and smart enough to find your own guy. I would ignore her if I were you. find your own boyfriend instead.