How Do You Enjoy Your "ME TIME"?

Often more than not we all need our "me time", to reflect on our day, our lives, our thoughts and dreams. How do you enjoy your "me time"? Is there a place you like to go to be alone, or do you keep the noise on? In my case I love to listen to music and sit outside in our garden. It's the most relaxing to me, it takes me out of my daily routine and takes me to another world for a moment. How do you enjoy your "me time"?
Personally my me time is very short. It is a time where I think of things that I would change if I were to turn back time. It gives me tons of stress just thinking about my me time. Although sometimes it is very positive, and other times not I rarely ever get any me time to myself. I always think of others before myself in my opinion.
@suzzy3 (8357)
Come on my friend relax your doing to much for everyone else.
It's always good to think of others, and I too like to do for other people. We often put ourselves last and others first, but there is that moment when we do need that time for ourselves. The "me time" is just time for you. I realize not everyone can have that, so I wish you the best.
@katcarneo (1429)
When I lived by myself, all the time was pretty much me-time, and that time was spent mostly reading, writing, playing guitar, and doing girly stuff like doing my nails or giving myself a footspa. Now that I live with a man, I hardly do any of those things as we always do things together. So last night while he was watching the news (something we always do together) I decided to skip him and told him I would be in the bedroom, reading. It was a very short me-time, but I enjoyed it very much.
It certainly is different with a man around. I'll admit it's what keeps me from really enjoying it. We do garden together and do things together, but there is often that needed moment. In my case I'm always home, but I also work at home, so I don't often give myself that time. I'm glad you took the time out to read. I may have to start doing that myself.
@katcarneo (1429)
Yeah, even just 30 minutes or an hour of doing the stuff we like to do by ourselves is quite good. However, the thing is that my partner is sick and has been unemployed for 3 months while he's recovering. So he's home all the time and when I come home, he is eager for us to do things together. I give that to him. He just got cleared to work yesterday and may begin working again next week.
@MissPiggy (1751)
Usually I enjoy my "me time" in my room, spending time in front of my laptop or just reading novels. Starting on November last year, I really found out how to spend a real "me time". It was when I met my friend in other city. I rented a hotel room, and after my friend went back to his house and I was alone, I was like "wow". I was alone in the hotel room, no people around, no work load, only me. I slept, I read my novel, I even didn't open my laptop or watched movies. It was really great. It happened almost every month and I really enjoyed it. But my friend is not here now, so I get a little difficulty to find reasons skipping out of city again. So I guess, I just get back to my routine enjoying my "me time" in room.
I like that kind of "me time" and it's good to be able to spend it in your own room or anywhere you feel at peace. I'm sorry your friend is not around. Just enjoy things the way you do. I still remember the days when I'd stay in my room all day and just read. I may have to try that again, it sounds quite peaceful.
@MissPiggy (1751)
You're right. My perfect moment is at night, when everybody else in the house are sleeping. That is a "wow" moment. I can do whatever I want to do. And thank you, I hope my friend would come back so we can have a chance to meet again and I can get my "me time" again.
@cher913 (25890)
i generally read a book in a comfy chair or i work on crafty things. it just depends on what mood i am in.
Crafty things and books are some of the best ways to enjoy that time. I'll be honest here, my me time also goes by the mood I'm in. I just don't give myself enough time for it. Now I have the urge to do something crafty, I've been meaning to.
The only "Me" time I get is right before bed. I either write or read a book. I have noise all day with my husband, 3 kids and a dog! Lol. So at night when I can finally relax for a little bit I choose the peace and quiet...
However you can find that time for you should be worth it. I have the noisy husband, but not the kids, so maybe for me it's a bit easier. I do work from home however, and even that is not easy for me. I often get told I need to relax and I do, but probably not as much as I'd like. Enjoy the peace and quiet any way you can.
@suzzy3 (8357)
I like to listen to music and just sit quiet not thinking relaxing after a busy day.Gardening is a hobby of mine it is so relaxing you can always see where you have been.Stand back and look at the weeded garden,the lawns mowed and it looks so neat and tidy.Going for walks with my friends looking at the views and taking in the beautiful nature all around us,Magic.
Gardening is also a hobby of mine. It is relaxing and so wonderful to grow all those amazing flowers and fruits. My husband and I grow corn, peppers, and a lot of other foods in our garden. If you wish to see our garden, I do have a website for it. Let me know! :) Walks are also great, that's something I have to start doing again. Those are the best "me times". Music is also a relaxer.
@Porcospino (18396)
• Denmark
During the day my husband and I spend most of our free time together, but in the evening before I am going to work I usually spend some time alone while my husband is sleeping. I often spend my "me time" on the computer. I look for information on the interner, write emails to my friends, participate in online discussions etc While I am doing that I listen to music or listen to a documentary or a tv show. Sometimes I am unable to use the internet because of my unstable internet connection. When that happens I often choose to read a book instead. I always borrow a lot of books at the library so it is always easy for me to find a book to read.
@jricky1 (6808)
I enjoy "me time" by listening to the music and also watching movies.lol,i feel relaxed to have my own time instead of sitting and working in the office.My life can be boring sometime,but i quite enjoy what i do.lol,anyway,i prefer to be alone and quiet.