Earliest Memory

What is your earliest memory of when you were little? I think the thing I remember the most clear is when I fell off the kitchen sink while trying to get a drink before bed and ended up falling backwards and almost bitting my tongue in half. I had to go to the ER and get stitches. The horrible thing of it is when I got home I ended up taking all but one stitch out, boy did I get in trouble. OOpps. lol But thankfully my tongue healed up nicely still.
@LovingIt (5398)
I remember a bunch of people going by in front of where we were living and my mother telling me it was a parade that the Indians were having. I remember being afraid that they would try to shoot me with bows and arrows like they did the cowboys on TV and crying and hiding. I said something to my mother about it after I was an adult because I didn't know for sure if it was something that really happened or if I just dreamed it. It really did happen. We were living in Oklahoma when my dad was in the army. I wasn't even quite 2 years old. She said she remembered the parade going by and was going to go out on the porch to watch it and was going to take me out there and she remembered me being afraid and not knowing why. LOL
I can so totally see why you had to make sure if that was real or not. Very neat!!
@gifana (4836)
• Portugal
Lilacs - Picture of lovely lilac bushes
I remember when I was about 18 I was out for a Sunday drive with my Mother and Stepfather. As we reached an intersection of a road which I had passed many times I said to my mother....for some reason that road looks familiar to me. I remember a family part of some sort. The house was settled among the lilacs. My other almost dropped her teeth. Do you remember that? I answered it was just a momentarily feeling I had. She then explained to me that she, my father, and my brother had gone to an anniversary at my uncles house which was on that road and which I had described quite accurately. The age? She said I was 3 years old at the time....my father was still living.
Wow that's pretty neat I forgot to mention I was probably about 3 or 4 in my memory too
@brokentia (10396)
I remember I was somewhere close to 3 to almost 4 but not in school yet. My mother was planning things in the flower bed. She had asked me to get her the towel hanging on the mailbox that was on the house next to the front door. When I walked over there to get it, I stepped into a hole that was overgrown with grass so I didn't know it was a hole. But when I did, I stepped on a wasp or hornet or something. It stung me in the heel of my foot. My mother put ice on it but I got sooooooo sick for some reason. I got a fever and remember sleeping on the couch all week. My mother thought by the time it was time to go to Church, I would be able to wear my shoe. But I couldn't and I got to go into the big church room with all the adults. :) Next thing I knew when we got home, my father tried to see if the stinger was still in my heel and if that was why it was still swollen. Very painful!!! Basically, if you kid gets that sick after a sting, I think it is a clear indication that she or he is allergic. LOL My parents had no clue! LOL
Oh my gosh how painful!! I can see why you remember that so well Owie!!
@warn810 (494)
5 or 6 graduation...what a nightmare.
why was it a nightmare?